SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Remade Snailer Sprites Details »»
Remade Snailer Sprites
Developer Last Online: Sep 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 01-01-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
SOCs Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

As of recent times, I've noticed how ugly a lot of SRB2's older sprites are, so I took the time to make some better sprites for the Snailer with the intent of making it more snail-like.

(gif slightly outdated; some changes were made between its creation and now)

In addition, this wad also contains an updated projectile for the Snailer, replacing the old 2.0 Eggmobile sausage. It travels at the same speed as the original projectile, but also leaves behind a trail of small balls that damage the player if touched. It is also green.

As a bonus, sprites are also included for Great Divide Zone's ice and fire snailers.

Download Now

File Type: rar snailer_remastered.rar (13.0 KB, 229 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	842
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	5956  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 01-01-2015   #2
Prime 2.0
Actually a decent lazy bum

It should go without saying that in order to use the great divide sprites you'd need to add this second...

Neat projectile, though I'm surprised you didn't opt for a smoother fade. You should consider having a version of the wad without the projectile mod though, all the same.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015   #3
742mph
I make Sonic look like me

Speaking of the projectile mod, the funny thing about it is that the projectile object actually replaces MT_ROCKET, instead of occupying a freeslot. Ironically, this ends up slightly breaking Great Divide, as the MT_ROCKET that Tails fires is replaced with the Snailer projectile, which damages Tails with its ball trail immediately upon creation. On the topic of the sprites themselves, though, they're much more fitting for a 'Snailer' than the current ones. If or when they end up becoming official, I'll be sure to add the sprites for the Great Divide variants (thank you for those, by the way) to the level WAD as the new defaults.