SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

Stormy Shelter Zone 1~ Lat's old crappy level, now there :3 Details »»
Stormy Shelter Zone 1~ Lat's old crappy level, now there :3
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 08-22-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Single Player Levels SOCs Sprites/Graphics

I randomly found this file in my WADs folder for 2.1, and realized that this old thing wasn't even released here! This was supposed to be a level for New Horizons, but it's going straight to archives!

What in the hell does it include?
*Stormy Shelter Act 1
*Totally not OP AMT Crawlas that sees you from 5 miles away and fire bullets every second
*A magnifiscent skybox!
*A pretty good boss.

Known issues
*A character that doesn't have spin will NOT be able to complete the level
*A character that doesn't have abilities such as thok/fly/glide or whatever may have difficulties to complete the boss.

Download and screenshots?
What are those?

Q&A
Question: Why didn't you fix those issues?
Awnser: 1, I'm lazy. 2, I wanted the level to be the same

Download Now

File Type: rar scr_StormyShelterZone1.rar (2.56 MB, 423 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-23-2014   #2
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

That conveyor after the first space countdown alarm thing is really hard to see; you should have a small light there or something so the player isn't blindsided by that.

You have a good basic concept for the boss - his weakness is well defined and fun, if you already know about brak missiles, but that's only half of the equation; as it is right now, your boss needs actions that are more effective at long range, such as the new lasermobile attack from GFZ3. Since that only counts for one attack though, you'll need to come up with something else of your own... note that "effective" doesn't just mean capable of hitting the player, but may also encumber them in other ways through motion, interacting with the arena, or making optional or extra objectives the player may have more difficult.

Until pinch phase, Eggman should provide some method of attacking him for every action, rather than having to wait for him to pick the attack that sends a brak missile out. One possibility is to have him shoot a frisbee and missile as the first attack, mainly to encumber a player flying in to attack, and another would be to quickly move to a different location before firing a brak missile there. Whatever you come up with, try to make each boss action require a different reaction from the player; bonus points if that reaction is different depending on context, such as if they're on the platform or if they're riding the missile towards him. Above all else, the player should always have something to do, and variation in what it is they need to be doing.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 08-23-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #3
"Lat'"
Stop it

Thanks for critizes, it will help a lot for the new version of this boss planned in New Horizons, and I already have an idea of using the space countdown alarm in its arena and when flying with those Brak missiles. I should also make the player know that he can grab them by some ways. Also, I tried using that new EggMobile laser but it lefts fire trails on the pit and didn't even reach the platforms where the player is supposed to stand.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #4
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned

How're we supposed to hit the EggMobile ?
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #5
"Lat'"
Stop it

Use its "spiky" prokectiles, those are Brakeggman missiles from 2.0, you can grab them.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote