[Open Assets] Sticky feet

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherChen

The other one
Walk upside down like CHAOTIX Espio by holding Jump while hitting the ceiling. You can't run fast or spindash, and you'll jump off once you release the button.

• No jumping required (it works with springs too)!
  • Fits any character ability!
  • You can use your ability after jumping off (but not after walking off)!
  • Now works on Egg Rock!

Attachments

• stickyfeet1.gif
    stickyfeet1.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,106
  • stickyfeet2.gif
    stickyfeet2.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 902
  • stickyfeet3.gif
    stickyfeet3.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 779
  • stickyfeet.lua
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
You, my sir, have apparently broken into space indeed. This is great. I'll include that into my own purposing Espio port.

The DOOM engine doesn't allow you to stand perpendicular to gravity, unfortunately.
However, one could disguise climbing as walking with a few sprites...

I am getting a massively evily grin from the possibilities here. Something like this would be an interesting perk for a slow character.

Slow character, huh? Are you talking of a specific character? Tell me Luke, tell me!

I'm so tempted to add this to Gargoyle.
But if I add anything else to him he'll most likely create C-overflow.
But
Batgoyle

Ugh, decisions.

I have to say, the script works very well in Gargoyle. I might like the ability coming with ANOTHER gargoyle update.

also where are the supergoyle sprites. not rushing MotorRoach but oh well, I can't wait for Supergoyle awesomeness :B

This is a VERY fun script to play around with, but I've found a few bugs.

If you get hurt while upside down on something, the player will go into this weird state where rings can't be collected and enemies and environmental hazards like spikes and electric floors won't damage you. You can still pop open item TVs though.

If you manage to finish a level upside down (which is easy in THZ2) and hold down the jump button until the next level loads, you will spawn with reversed gravity.

I don't know the first thing about lua, or any kind of programming in general, so that's all I can say. Great script, and I hope this all helps!

These shouldn't be happening.

ezimba19608777673002.png
ezimba19608745506202.png

I Can't seem to be able to send the Gif i made in DSZ1, but I can tell you what happened.

In the last part, I sticked under the falling bridge and, instead of coming down, it... started to launch upwards till it touched the cieling.

-

MAN I love this script.

Ya Awesome But....

I'm having trouble turning. Right's fine but left nope i died because of that error in Metal Sonic Vs please fix

You can't trigger the question mark blocks, no matter how hard you try.

Edit: If you're upside down, you can jump, hold onto another block, fall onto it from the bottom, and it will trigger.

This is a very fun lua and i managed to confuse my friends to why i was upside down

I'm making a private wad with this (That will, in fact, go on my empty server), and I wanna know how to put this as an ability. Like CA_(Ability)?

I want to use this in a private port of Espio, but I don't know how to make the effects of a Lua to be character-exclusive :'V

I want to use this in a private port of Espio, but I don't know how to make the effects of a Lua to be character-exclusive :'V

After the "for player in players.iterate" line, add this line, replacing "sonic" with the skin name of your choice:
Code:
if not player.mo.skin == "sonic" then continue end

This tells the game that if the player is not playing as Sonic (or whichever character is placed there), skip the following chunk of code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back