[Open Assets] Physics manipulation (now works in match and stuff)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherChen

The other one
Three abilities for screwing around with momentum:

Hold Custom 1 to "lock" your current speed for a short time, passing through bad stuff like lava and bullets. You can use it at the beginning of a jump to extend it, run across a level gap without jumping, and extend the range of springs. Fully recharges in a few seconds, but doesn't need a full charge to work.

Hold Custom 2 to stay in one spot -- like a Matrix pause, but only for yourself -- then continue moving after releasing the button. Indefinite use, but will not provide invincibility or act as an air brake.

Press Custom 3 to "store" your current speed and switch it with whatever's in storage. Store an extra jump, an air brake, a spring launch, or even a spindash in a given direction. Be careful when storing anything while on a platform; if you forgot what you were doing when you last pressed that button, you may fly sideways into a pit!

Feel free to use any of these in a character WAD. I tested the first one on a dummy char with no spindash or jump ability, and it cleared single-player.

Attachments

• inertia11.gif
    inertia11.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 832
  • inertia12.gif
    inertia12.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 732
  • inertia13.gif
    inertia13.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 682
  • inertia21.gif
    inertia21.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 631
  • inertia31.gif
    inertia31.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 675
  • inertia32.gif
    inertia32.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 614
  • inertia.lua
    2.5 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
This is awesome, and so are you. Welcome to releases!

EDIT: For those of you who've cracked open the file in notepad and are scratching their heads at the formatting, this file is using Unix linebreaks, which notepad doesn't support. An alternative text editor will provide better results.

Last edited:
The storing of 'states' and previous momentum (Custom action 3) is the most brilliant thing I've seen for a possible character idea. I didn't even know it was possible for SRB2 to remember your old values, states, and whatnot like that to retain momentum. Something like this could be put on teleporting with monitors in multiplier to make it more accurate, or transforming to Super not dropping you straight down.

A really, but REALLY good script. It even makes possible beat levels with Characters like Minus, Gargoyle, SRB1 Sonic, and more!

Wow , that's awesome !!!
Saving your momentum in memory , then loading it in the right moment ...
That helps alot .

This is absolutely hilarious to use in a netgame. Great work. The wonders of Lua are truly astounding.

Until it inevitably crashes, anyway ;D I'll get a log of the crash next time I have it happen - though I will say this is hilarious fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back