SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Waterwalk Details »»
Waterwalk
Developer Last Online: Apr 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 04-15-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Scripts Re-Useable Content

This script allow to move on the water surface without a character, which use the swim-ability.

You only need to change "sonic" inside the luascript with the name of your character. Also you have to change "CA_THOK" with the ability of your character.

This script is free to use.

Download Now

File Type: lua waterwalk.lua (298 Bytes, 382 views)

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-20-2014   #2
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge

Not sure if you know but the script tends to bug out in the goopwater. Some things to note...

1. If your near the surface and thok as Sonic, sometimes he'll go into his super frames as if he's trying to swim. You can sorta force him to go down by hitting the spin button but you won't be able to go deeper in the goopwater.

2. Thoking above the surface causes Sonic to run forward without slowing down. You can still control Sonic if you hold up while turning or strafing.
Old 04-20-2014   #3
fickleheart
CRIMES.
Developer

For the record, if you intend a release to be freely usable and modifiable, checking the "Reusable Content" checkbox in the contributors section of Addon Settings marks the thread as such, and makes it easier to identify that it's reusable.

The script itself works fine (although since it's just a Lua script, you can upload it straight to the MB without putting it in a zip, for future reference), and checking it against other runonwater implementations I know of didn't bring up any red flags, so... welcome to Releases!
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #4
Katmint

Add "and not (player.mo.eflags & MFE_GOOWATER)" between lines 4 and 5 to fix the goop issues.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #5
Kratzean

So, the Problem with the goopwater is fixed.
I hope, it works fine now.
Old 04-20-2014   #6
The Zero Team

So... I don't really intend on downloading this just to see for myself, since I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but does that mean this Lua script does not grant running on Techno Hill Zone goop?

(The swim ability alone does actually grant that. It makes one able to jump and land on top of the goop if fast enough, as well as not slowing one down a lot when running on it (unless one slowed down from the running-on-top-of thing), which I don't know how to explain properly, and OpenGL only captures APNG files instead of Gif files.)
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #7
tee2330

add this kinda ability to custom characters was common in 1.09.4 or even 2.0, I wonder why not many people do it anymore, nice that you brought it up I thought that concept was forgotten, someone needs to make a mecha knuckles that can float or a tails doll that fly up like super metal sonic in JTE, get back some of srb2's old school charm.
tee2330 is offline   Reply With Quote