Invader Zim in HD [Zim.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime 2.0

From the bowels of 1.09, coming to you in High Definition, SSNTails' classic hand-drawn Zim.wad has been remastered for 2.0! Not at all bothered by the removal of the taunt command, Zim can still tell you about your impending doom with the spin key while on the ground. Aside from this, Zim is a slow moving character with full jump height with the glide/climb ability.

Relive the days of spamming voice emotes before TF2 made it cool, or take the ability for your own use; it's your choice, because I'm making the custom SOC that allows Zim to taunt despite the removal of the feature public domain; you may use it without permission or credit.
(Though I'd certainly appreciate it if you did give me a mention)

Code:
Resources used:

Thing   421
Frames 2481-2494
Sounds FRE101-104(slots 391-394 as of 2.0.6)
Known issues:

• Because of his slow speed, Zim is unable to pass the ERZ2 wind tunnel section.
  • Hi-res characters do not scale down correctly in the ERZ2 tube, and crash the game when scaled otherwise. All scaled and hi-res graphics may show graphical glitches under certain situations.
  • Entering spin while moving slowly will not trigger taunt, as the taunt ability is controlled by the spintrail objects.
  • Exiting zoom tubes will trigger the taunt ability.

Attachments

• zim.rar
    618 KB · Views: 2,480
  • zimbounce.png
    zimbounce.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 20,056
Last edited:
High-res is still unfinished, but I still enjoyed playing as Zim. Regarding the new way to taunt, it's actually more annoying than the old way. You can only taunt while you're on the ground and walking slowly. Trying to taunt while running will force you into a spin. I guess this really IS similar to TF2.

Still, I like this cleaner version of Zim. I still wish it would finally be finished one day.

Regarding the new way to taunt, it's actually more annoying than the old way. You can only taunt while you're on the ground and walking slowly. Trying to taunt while running will force you into a spin. I guess this really IS similar to TF2.

Got that the other way around; you either have to be slow enough for it to be interpreted as a spindash charge(standing or exceptionally slow), or fast enough for spintrail objects to spawn. There's sort of a sweetspot between the two where you'll go into normal spin; it's not possible to get rid of that, sadly.

Uh, I'm pretty sure taunt is still in the game, my KO.T.E WAD can still taunt, I know so because I just checked. :x

Uh, I'm pretty sure taunt is still in the game, my KO.T.E WAD can still taunt, I know so because I just checked. :x

...I used K.O.T.E.wad to test for that, actually. It didn't work in singleplayer, so I just assumed it didn't work at all.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it counts, but there's also a SF94-Serv Zim that uses the taunt button to... Taunt. I think it only works on multiplayer too though.

I'm pretty sure taunt is for Multiplayer only, sorta makes sense IMO. I mean, why would you need it in Singleplayer?

An ability idea I had for Zim but never got around to doing was for him to summon GIR to a target and GIR would just rotate around the victim, facing him and going "doodeedoodeedoodeedoodeedooo" over and over.

hahaha that would work perfectly... we should have him skipping... i couldnt imagine that with eggy tho....eggman would just run him over hahahahaha... he should sing the doom song!

It'll be a great ability in case the effect of this ability will be to make enemies pause in place. That way it'll also be a a very useful one.
And the sound that plays with it should be randomized between "doodee" to the doom song and many other random GIR qoutes (YOU GONNA MAKE BISCUITS? YOU GONNA MAKE BISCUITS? YEW GAWNA MAIK BISCUITS?!?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
dont forget "GUESS WHO MADE WAFFELS?!!!" "IM NOT EATING TH-" "AHHHH AHHHH AHHH AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" we should have them talk back to each other like they do in the show and make zim do his stupid little what ever its called where he stretches out the words and makes them sound weird! and we cant forget "to make room for the TUNA!" and "to make room for the cupcake!" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha they have to do that!!!

Definantly Awesome, I think that the yelling spindash is awesome! I marked this as favorite! Their isn't much room for improvement, but editing some of the frames so it looks like he's walking would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure taunt is for Multiplayer only, sorta makes sense IMO. I mean, why would you need it in Singleplayer?
In singleplayer it makes the game more realistic.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

An ability idea I had for Zim but never got around to doing was for him to summon GIR to a target and GIR would just rotate around the victim, facing him and going "doodeedoodeedoodeedoodeedooo" over and over.

:) Gir is awesome, a character wad for Gir would be amazing! I think I just may work on one! (No one steal my idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back