SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Mystic Realm v.4.5 (scr_mysticrealm.wad) Details »»
Mystic Realm v.4.5 (scr_mysticrealm.wad)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2014

Version: SRB2 Rating: (21 votes - 4.43 average)
Released: 12-06-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 25
Single Player Levels SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Mystic Realm is a level mod for SRB2 with over 30 stages, a bunch of secrets, and a lot of stuff to do. Being originally created in 2003 and last updated in 2006, Mystic Realm is one of the oldest SRB2 modifications. As such, many of the levels here will likely feel dated nowadays after SRB2 2.0 included far more interesting single player stages with far more depth. On the other hand, an insane amount of love and devotion was put into this, and while the stages lack in modern size and depth, they do still have it where it counts. If you're looking for a bunch of moderately decent single player content or have a nostalgia for older versions of SRB2, Mystic Realm should last you quite a while.

This is a straight port of Mystic Realm thanks to the efforts of Ezer.Arch, Kaysakado, Prime 2.0, and SpiritCrusher. There are a few minor changes to the boss SOC to make it far less painful and unfair and Knuckles can climb walls in SPZ and AGZ again, but for the most part this is exactly as it was four years ago.

Known Issues:
  • Completing Mystic Realm Zone (all emerald Sonic clear) does not enable the level select on the save that did so. Instead it unlocks the level select in the secrets menu.
  • There is an extra emblem because SRB2 2.0 has a bug in custom content. Max emblems in this release is actually 76/75.

Download Now

File Type: zip scr_mysticrealm.zip (7.10 MB, 13460 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20063.png
Views:	107325
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1208   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20064.png
Views:	1004
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1209   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20065.png
Views:	939
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1210   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20066.png
Views:	948
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1211   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20068.png
Views:	867
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1212  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20069.png
Views:	819
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1213   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20067.png
Views:	872
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1214  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-06-2010   #2
Prime 2.0
Lets things get to his head

Rosy.wad, Senku.wad, Nitemare.wad, KOTE.wad, Hinote1.1.wad, and Soonata.wad are compatible with Mystic Realm. Espio.wad however is not(he isn't compatible with SRB2 2.0.5 either, for that matter).

I guess I'll just mention here that whatever half-baked port any of you have right now isn't this. It probably has all sorts of bugs, thing layout issues, and of course there isn't a single one out there publicly prior to this that has working bosses.

I've worked quality control with this port myself, and besides a massively cleaned up SOC, fully working custom bosses and enemies, numerous bugs present in 4.4 have been fixed in this version. This is the real deal, and there are no substitutes for the official port of the official unofficial level pack. (Except maybe that thing Neo's doing.)

So enjoy yourselves already! We're 11 days shy of the 4th anniversary of 4.4, you've waited more than long enough for this.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #3
Pyro Fox Boy
Me and everyone else

Default It's about time

I really didn't think this would ever get an update. I've been playing the unofficial ports for a while, thinking that those were the only things we will get. Anyways, I'm going to download this now and give it a whirl.
Pyro Fox Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #4
Speedwagon
Very Inappropriate

I was really hoping for some new gimmicks in this new port though I am very happy to see a decent port of this mod. Nothing much to complain about so I'll just leave my comment summary as "good mod kthxbai".
Speedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #5
Ankoctoaragon

have you added something to mystic realm? Because the mod have 2MB beyond the old version.
Old 12-07-2010   #6
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

The increase in filesize is mostly because of the inclusion of the OGG file for the old Midnight Freeze track.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #7
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
Contest Winner

Nice, a better port! I'll try it out as soon as possible; I've been getting back into Mystic Realm lately, so this is quite welcome.
Old 12-07-2010   #8
Callum
Don't bug me about ports
Developer

It's about time. I've been waiting for this for a long time. =)

Nintendo 3DS: 4725-7969-6387
Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #9
Kaysakado

EDIT: Snip

Last edited by Kaysakado; 12-07-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Kaysakado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #10
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

Agh, no matter how many times I try, I can NOT get Sonic's Emblem in Jade Coast Act 1! Is there any way to do it besides bouncing on the Crawlas in the lake?
Old 12-07-2010   #11
SpiritCrusher
aka MascaraSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
Agh, no matter how many times I try, I can NOT get Sonic's Emblem in Jade Coast Act 1! Is there any way to do it besides bouncing on the Crawlas in the lake?
No, there isn't. Keep practicing.
SpiritCrusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #12
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
Contest Winner

I have to say, that's the only thing I'm irritated about with this new release--the old save files for scr_mysticrealm20v5.wad are not compatible, so I have to start all over again. I've only ever managed to get to that place once as Sonic.

Refresh my memory--what is the best place to leap from to initiate that Crawla bounce?
Old 12-07-2010   #13
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

The water fall area, jump on a crawla in the water to get the starting hight.
Old 12-07-2010   #14
steven
Steven Duda

I can't believe this got an offical port. Amazing! Will play it at once I get home.
Old 12-07-2010   #15
SpiritCrusher
aka MascaraSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
I have to say, that's the only thing I'm irritated about with this new release--the old save files for scr_mysticrealm20v5.wad are not compatible, so I have to start all over again.
Blame me. In v4.4 I believe, Mystic added emblems to a few stages that didn't have any beforehand to bump the emblem count up to 75. Of course, he didn't want to break compatibility with old save states, so the emblems were added at the end of the list. To make the MAINCFG less confusing, I took the opportunity to sort them in the correct order because the old save states from v1.09.4 wouldn't work anyway. Of course, the ones from the port betas won't work now, because as far as I know, none of them includes my changes. And no, I didn't care one bit about compatibility with the betas, because you should enjoy hunting for those emblems anyway ;)
SpiritCrusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #16
Spongecar
WishI had a better internet

DOWNLOADED!
It's great to see an old classic return officially.

Knuxfan24 at your service!
Spongecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #17
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Blame me. In v4.4 I believe, Mystic added emblems to a few stages that didn't have any beforehand to bump the emblem count up to 75. Of course, he didn't want to break compatibility with old save states, so the emblems were added at the end of the list. To make the MAINCFG less confusing, I took the opportunity to sort them in the correct order because the old save states from v1.09.4 wouldn't work anyway. Of course, the ones from the port betas won't work now, because as far as I know, none of them includes my changes. And no, I didn't care one bit about compatibility with the betas, because you should enjoy hunting for those emblems anyway ;)
Eh, it's only a minor inconvenience. It's kinda fun to start it all over again. So far, I've collected all the emblems in JCZ and Mudhole Karst and run their Time Attacks, plus I have one save file for each character, all three of which have the first Chaos Emerald and over 20 lives. I'd say that's a pretty good start.
Old 12-07-2010   #18
daiches99
Overlord Of Nostalgia

This port is brilliant however, twice I came across an unbeatable robotnik glitch in which he would be in his dying state and not fly away causing me to have to die to restart the level.

This has happened in both PAZ and MRZ which has stopped me from completing the game when I beat him, had to restart with 1 life left and died that time around causing me to die at the finishing point of the game.
daiches99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #19
Metal-Rawr
Spaaaaaaaaaace~

Now with this finally ported to 2.0 (with no changes sadly), theres finally a level pack rivalling to Tortured Planet... xD
Metal-Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #20
Katmint

Haven't done a proper playthrough of the port yet since I've been busy updating all of the Mystic Realm articles on the Wiki, but I just wanted to point out a few bugs.

In Prismatic Angel Acts 1 and 2, the level header says:
Code:
ForceCharacter = 0
ForceCharacter = -1
This breaks the ForceCharacter on those levels. Also, PAZ3 is missing NoPerfectBonus = 1 from its header. You might want to enable it for AGZ3 too, the perfect bonus is ridiculously easy to get in that stage.

ROCKWL08 and ROCKWL09 are rendered redundant by THZCRACK and MMCRACK.

EDIT: And now that I've played through Mystic Realm, one more bug. Since the emerald stages have LevelSelect = 1, any save file that has non-emerald Aerial Garden 4 beaten has easy access to them without having to find the Mystic Temples. The problem is that the only way to fix this is to either move SPStage_End to Mystic Realm Zone or disable LevelSelect for the emerald stages. Personally, If I had to choose, I would take the former since Tails and Knuckles can still get into level select via the unlocked secrets menu.

Oh, and this isn't a bug, but is there any reason why the AGZFLR flats in the WAD are upside down? :x

Last edited by Katmint; 12-08-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote