SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Rosy the Rascal (Updated) Details »»
Rosy the Rascal (Updated)
Developer Last Online: Oct 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (6 votes - 5.00 average)
Released: 08-26-2010 Last Update: 08-28-2010 Installs: 15
Characters Re-Useable Content

Release #3 out now with a permanant fix to the zombie bug and fix to tortured planet!

Changes:
Zombie Bug fixed
Tortured planet fix
Added eyelashes to the charselect, will not add to the rest of the frames
Made a new death frame
Made various unnoticable changes.

I originally forgot to mention that when playing a level that requires spindashing, you can always type devmode and then skin sonic or any other character. This will work in single player mode.

Old release info:

Thanks to tons of help from GTF I managed to finish her off quicker than I expected. Her hammer jump ability is a bit tricky to use but can be helpful. It doesn't work in antigrav and breaks invincibility. You are not able to double bounce off enemies, so watch out. To use it you have to jump, then hit the jump button again right before you land. I tried to make her other characteristics unique as well.

Download Now

File Type: zip Rosy3.zip (119.2 KB, 4584 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	2855
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	1004   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	2092
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	1005   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.png
Views:	2303
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosy.png
Views:	1807
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1013  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-26-2010   #2
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

How odd, you can't use the whirlwind shield normally as this character; you can only use it with the jump button after running off a cliff. Does nospin have to do with it? I'd appreciate it if you could file a bug report after doing a few tests to see what appears to be causing this.

EDIT: Also, this is a minor gripe, but tell whoever made the SOC to put some comments in there; the ability is hardly reusable if nobody can figure out how it works.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 08-26-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2010   #3
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Aw man, I wonder if fixing those bugs are even possible D:

Well, I'm still happy to help ya anyway
Old 08-26-2010   #4
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

I don't think that is a "this wad" problem any wad with nojumpspin can't use the whirlwind shield.
Old 08-26-2010   #5
jloy1

Something very wierd happened. I am able to walk on spikes now...
All I did was hammer jump on spikes with a attraction barrier.

Screenshots:

EDIT: I just found out I am also invulnerable to everything!

EDIT2: I cannot collect any rings either.

BTW Epic Character
I'm back... :D

Last edited by jloy1; 08-26-2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't want to show up...
Old 08-26-2010   #6
Chimera
Your best friend

That's called the "zombie bug." It's what happens when you get hurt when invincible. I do think that CAN be fixed, but as of now it's still a problem.

Anyway, didn't try it yet but I'll do so now :D

Edit: whoa. You and Ground did a sweet job on this, and Draykon with the SOC. I have to say, this WAD feels like it was MEANT for SRB2 (well, it is, but I mean included with vanilla SRB2... you know what I mean :P). The style is so like SRB2, her actions are very cartoony and just like how she was depicted in Sonic CD, and that character select portrait fits perfectly! May I ask how you made the select portrait? :P

In any case, in a nutshell that all means: GREAT WORK!

Last edited by Chimera; 08-26-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2010   #7
furythehog
The Emblem Guy!

@hyper shadic X
Yeh, she does seem right for vanilla SRB2, but she could never clear arid canyon zone 1, on account of that bustable block she cant smash, and the fence is way to high for her hammer power to pass it, thus meaning she'd get stuck, unless they removed the block in 2.1 or a later version

anyway, simply amazing character, I once requested a wad like this, but got nowhere of course :P great work chrispy, keep it up
Old 08-26-2010   #8
A Cat
Permanently Banned

Amazing! Finally can play!
Old 08-26-2010   #9
Chrispy

Again, all of these are errors I cannot fix because it has to do with SRB2 itself, not the character. Perhaps these glitches will be fixed with the next release of srb2. Also, HSX, I did it the same way SSN did his. Drew it on paper, scanned it, colored in a paint program with layers. I personally used Paint.NET, I'm sure SSN uses a different program.
Old 08-26-2010   #10
Fred
Retired

Yeah, this is pretty glitchy. If you use the hammer jump on any damaging surface, Amy becomes permanently invincible and unable to interact with any objects. Don't dismiss this as having to do "with SRB2 itself", this is a problem with your ability in your character wad.

I still don't get why Amy has a tumor instead of a sixth spike in her head, but whatever.
Old 08-26-2010   #11
Chimera
Your best friend

Neo: Amy never had a 6th spike. :P

And you did, Chrispy? Heh, I guess I'll try that method sometime :P
Old 08-26-2010   #12
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Shadic X View Post
You and Ground did a sweet job on this

Old 08-26-2010   #13
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post

"Ground The Fox" is much easier to remember and spell right than "Gsuki Tsuken Funaga" though. =P
Old 08-26-2010   #14
The Speed Breaker
Is Making a Robbie WAD

This is great! i was the 2nd one to download :D i hope to see more wads of you!
Old 08-26-2010   #15
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
"Ground The Fox" is much easier to remember and spell right than "Gsuki Tsuken Funaga" though. =P
Ground The Fox sucks >:C

and besides, no one needs to spell those three names everytime (cuz thats not my full name, I'm actually known for those names, which is why I wanted to make the username as GTF)
Old 08-26-2010   #16
ThunderNova

Great wad, but I think you should forget about the invincibilty with the ability, as it only "fucks things up", so to say.
Old 08-26-2010   #17
Draykon
Part-Time Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNova View Post
Great wad, but I think you should forget about the invincibilty with the ability, as it only "fucks things up", so to say.
This is what I've been saying, and it's what I still think, but evidently it's not what Chrispy thinks, so meh.

Anyway, the sprites are very nice looking, and fit right in with SRB2's style. Very good, and very cute~

(I can't really say anything about the ability, seeing as how it's mine and all)

Edit: I should probably mention that I'm looking into the "zombie" bug that both this and Senku have. It seems to have something to do with the flashing timer not setting properly if the player is hit during a custom state. Not sure what sort of fix there could be for that though.

Last edited by Draykon; 08-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2010   #18
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 2.0 View Post
How odd, you can't use the whirlwind shield normally as this character; you can only use it with the jump button after running off a cliff. Does nospin have to do with it? I'd appreciate it if you could file a bug report after doing a few tests to see what appears to be causing this.
Nospin is indeed the cause of this.
Old 08-26-2010   #19
Chrispy

I forgot to mention that I made super transformation frames for her but she can't use them since auperanims = 0
EDIT: Also, I guess I might as well remove the invincibility, since it's breaking the wad more than being useful. Are there any other changes I should make?
EDI2: Just tested her out and she CAN pass ACZ, unless there's a different route I'm not taking.

Last edited by Chrispy; 08-26-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2010   #20
ThunderNova

What is her current runspeed? In my knowledge she is faster than Knuckles but slower than Sonic, yet when I play with her it seems like she is slower than tails.