SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Banana - My first character returns! (Banana.wad) Details »»
Banana - My first character returns! (Banana.wad)
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019

Version: SRB2 Rating: (4 votes - 2.20 average)
Released: 08-24-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Characters

LONG AGO, IN THE LAND OF 1.09.4, THERE WAS A BOY NAMED SCIZOR300, HE LOOKED UNTO SKYNINJA'S BANANA, AND WAS DISPLEASED. THUS, WITH HIS TRUSTY COMPANION, MSPAINT, HE MADE HIS OWN BANANA, TRYING TO STRAY AWAY FROM THE JOKE...

...And this little guy returns today.

Banana - The 2.0 Edition
This took about 3 days of work, but it's finished. I loved this little gem from 1.09.4 for being the first decent character I released. I've noticed that I could not find the 1.09.4 version since Fawfulfan cleaned out his 4Shared for 2.0's release.

So I decided to remake him and release him, brand new.

Changes and Improvements
- Finished all of the frames, so there is no dissappearing frames if you play the game on a normal run.
- The same 8 sprites were used (3 Body angles, hand and foot, and the 3 face angles.), but with added shading, and other small things.
- None of that "Dissappearing Boredom" glitching in 1.09.4 here! (First boredom frame used to dissappear.)
- And some other small things!

NOW FOR SOME SCREENSHOTS!

The color change also happens to work pretty well. (Lavender <3)

And now for the download. No mirror at the moment, though.

Suggestions, Comments?

Download Now

File Type: rar BananaV1.rar (22.0 KB, 1944 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-24-2010   #2
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

I honestly question the need for such a character WAD, but it's acceptable, I guess. I mean, if Greeman wasn't trashed...
Old 08-24-2010   #3
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Why.

WHY.

WHY.

So what, we don't accept recolors (except Senku for some reason), yet the PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME BANANA IS TOTALLY OKAY? You actually SUPPORT this meme? You ACTUALLY THINK that this could be considered ACCEPTABLE? Are your standards really this low? I know that judges will accept anything that had some effort put into it, bu a line has to be drawn somewhere. What's to stop Rickroll.wad? Or Longcat.wad? Or Dancing_Baby.wad? Is this what the forums HONESTLY counts as WORTHY of RELEASES? Why do we have a quality control system if something like THIS can get through?

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
Old 08-24-2010   #4
A Cat
Permanently Banned

Can you make it zip? I so want to download but I can't download rar on this pc.
Old 08-24-2010   #5
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

D00D64, isn't the quality of the sprites what matters? Sure, this is based on some awful meme, but at least he made a halfway decent character out of it. I assure that wouldn't be possible with rickroll.wad.

And I don't see how a fancharacter is any less awful then a meme WAD.
Old 08-24-2010   #6
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Why.

WHY.

WHY.

So what, we don't accept recolors (except Senku for some reason), yet the PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME BANANA IS TOTALLY OKAY? You actually SUPPORT this meme? You ACTUALLY THINK that this could be considered ACCEPTABLE? Are your standards really this low? I know that judges will accept anything that had some effort put into it, bu a line has to be drawn somewhere. What's to stop Rickroll.wad? Or Longcat.wad? Or Dancing_Baby.wad? Is this what the forums HONESTLY counts as WORTHY of RELEASES? Why do we have a quality control system if something like THIS can get through?
We can understand anger without need of 70% of caps.
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
Old 08-24-2010   #7
D00D64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
D00D64, isn't the quality of the sprites what matters? Sure, this is based on some awful meme, but at least he made a halfway decent character out of it.

And I don't see how a fancharacter is any less awful then a meme WAD.
So what, all that matters is that it looks nice, and regardless of what it's about, it's accepted? It doesn't even look good, everything is blocky and obviously resized, and it looks like anyone could have done it with enough patience.

And I don't even KNOW how Greeman got accepted.

My awful Twitter account

Old 08-24-2010   #8
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
So what, all that matters is that it looks nice, and regardless of what it's about, it's accepted?
Uhm sorry, but are you serious? With a character WAD that doesn't have a custom ability, of course all that matters is that it looks nice. This should be common sense, really.

Quote:
It doesn't even look good, everything is blocky and obviously resized, and it looks like anyone could have done it with enough patience.
It doesn't need to look good to get through submissions, it just needs to look not terrible.

Quote:
And I don't even KNOW how Greeman got accepted.
Yet, it was accepted, and I'm only abiding by the standards that were set before me.
Old 08-24-2010   #9
D00D64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Uhm sorry, but are you serious? With a character WAD that doesn't have a custom ability, of course all that matters is that it looks nice. This should be common sense, really.
So what, if I make Sonic's design, make him red, give him a scarf, sport goggles, and new gloves, then custom sprite him from scratch, he's accepted? Despite being an obvious recolor?

My awful Twitter account

Old 08-24-2010   #10
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
So what, if I make Sonic's design, make him red, give him a scarf, sport goggles, and new gloves, then custom sprite him from scratch, he's accepted? Despite being an obvious recolor?
If you custom sprite him from scratch, he's not a recolor.
Old 08-24-2010   #11
Shardvex
Default Banana?

Is this banana based on the one from the old famous song "It's peanut butter jelly time"?
Old 08-24-2010   #12
Digiku
Developer

If the purpose of the judges is to see if a WAD is not irredeemable crap, then this character is not crap. Granted, the only concern I could think of is that it's memetastic and it might encourage idiocy. But is that really a fair reason to not approve a WAD? Such a WAD has to be irredeemable crap too, IMO.
Old 08-24-2010   #13
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

It doesn't have custom sound effects relating to the meme or stuff like that, so I think it's not too memetastic. It's basically just a banana.
Old 08-24-2010   #14
BlazingPhoenix
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why did you even bother releasing this? This is a dead meme and should stay dead. :/
Old 08-24-2010   #15
A Cat
Permanently Banned

I can not download it. Is there a zip? It does look decent though.
Old 08-24-2010   #16
Bbop800
hey

Who cares about the actual damn meme? Just play it then review it people.

Add me on Steam!
Old 08-24-2010   #17
Chrispy

The submissions isn't to get rid of the stupid wads, it's to get rid of the effortless ones. This obviously has had work put into it, as it appears to be custom. Therefore it is accepted. It's not like a sonic edited to have pants with no shading, it's an actual character that took work to make.
Old 08-26-2010   #18
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Quote:
This time, I actually agree with you.
A lot of char wads aren't accepted. I can't say why this one was.

It's ok, really. I'm just saying other ones can be good too. They aren't always accepted though.
Old 08-26-2010   #19
ThunderNova

Well, at least it offers difference from the usual "Sonic" character style here. I mean, so far, this and Greeman are the only wads that are in the releases that AREN'T a Sonic character.
Old 08-26-2010   #20
PHCC
Too fast for you to see me.

Ok, I'll make a apple that have arms,legs and eyes, and it'll can WALK,JUMP AND SPINDASH, A GREAT ABILITY!!! So, I'll put into the submissions and the judges will accept. If this character meant to be fun, so, Scizor300, try again with other character.Anyway, this banana isn't SOOOOO BAAD at all. =P

My apple will be called "apple man". =P Just a joke.