Can't Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details man. What did it say? What happened? All you said was you can't host. We can't help if you don't explain.

First off, I assume you have a static IP address and port 5029 forwarded, right? Because those are the prerequisites, and you were able to host before.

Well all I know is when I minimize SRB2 I check the ms listing and it has a red x. I had nothing open.

How to port forward in Windows 7

I saw that you are using Windows 7, correct? To open up a port on Windows 7, first go to the Control Panel, then go to System and Security. Go to advanced settings on the left side, then click on Inbound Rules.

On the right click New Rule... then choose Port, then hit Next >, then select UDP, then make sure Specific local ports is chosen, then in the type box type 5029 then hit Next > and select Allow the connection and hit the Next >, then check all of the checkboxes.

Then put a name(I recommend you put the name SRB2 and you leave the Description alone), and you are finally done!

(Admins, it would be nice if you put this on the FAQ)

I have this not-being-able-to-host-but-was-able-to-before problem as well, but i use XP. I don't understand why though, i configured the firewall so it could allow SRB2 access to the internet, and added Port 5029 with all the details in the previous post, and yet, i can't host online.

If you only have one of those rectagular things you have a modem. If you have 2 you have a modem and a router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back