SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Miscellaneous (2.0.X)

Pain failsafe [PFS.soc] Details »»
Pain failsafe [PFS.soc]
Version: 1.0, by Prime 2.0 (Actually a decent lazy bum) Prime 2.0 is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 05-07-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
SOCs Re-Useable Content

I remember there was this one circuit map that had a non-flipping anti-gravity portion. I convinced the host to enable ringslinger, and then shot him in that section, leaving him to drift slowly forward towards the exit, unable to move. Eventually, he just ran into the wall and stopped, staying in his pain state until I finished the race.

Download this SOC, and you will never suffer the same fate.

PFS.soc introduces a 10 second(350 tic) timer to your pain state, which then changes you to your falling-from-a-spring frames, thus allowing you to regain control in what would otherwise be a completely helpless situation. Furthermore, it doesn't interfere with DSZ water currents!

Mapmakers concerned about the possibility of such a scenario are free to integrate this SOC into their mainCFG without credit. Be advised that if placed at the end of the mainCFG(or SOC, if you are altering the standalone), a line break should be placed at the end to prevent glitches.

Also included is Pain10.soc, a re-purpose of the SOC with low-gravity match in mind; the timer is lowered to 10 tics, less than a third of a second. This prevents the long periods of control loss when in rounds of match or CTF with the gravity console parameter reduced, but also makes the person hit more vulnerable while in the air, making it more interesting all around.

As before, feel free to reuse or modify without credit, though I advise that the modified SOC follow a naming convention of "pain<duration>.soc" to prevent confusion or naming conflict.

Download Now

File Type: zip PFS.zip (280 Bytes, 361 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	easytoalter.png
Views:	980
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	673  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-07-2010   #2
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

I seem to recall Jazz was unable to get the asteroid level to work until he added something like this. But back then, antigravity was a very rare gimmick. With the gravity fad ERZ started, I think that something like this should be available to everybody. Therefore, I think this soc is a good idea and will probably be more useful now than it would have been in 1.09.4.

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
Old 05-08-2010   #3
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Oh yes, I so needed one of these just now. This'll come in handy.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
Old 04-30-2011   #4
Shoop-the-Fox

Quote:
Also included is Pain10.soc, a re-purpose of the SOC with low-gravity match in mind; the timer is lowered to 10 tics, less than a third of a second.
Autoring massacre much?

Even so, yeah, it'll probably make combat fun. Quick return fire + fragfest :3