[Open Assets] Pain failsafe [PFS.soc]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime 2.0

I remember there was this one circuit map that had a non-flipping anti-gravity portion. I convinced the host to enable ringslinger, and then shot him in that section, leaving him to drift slowly forward towards the exit, unable to move. Eventually, he just ran into the wall and stopped, staying in his pain state until I finished the race.

Download this SOC, and you will never suffer the same fate.

PFS.soc introduces a 10 second(350 tic) timer to your pain state, which then changes you to your falling-from-a-spring frames, thus allowing you to regain control in what would otherwise be a completely helpless situation. Furthermore, it doesn't interfere with DSZ water currents!

Mapmakers concerned about the possibility of such a scenario are free to integrate this SOC into their mainCFG without credit. Be advised that if placed at the end of the mainCFG(or SOC, if you are altering the standalone), a line break should be placed at the end to prevent glitches.

Also included is Pain10.soc, a re-purpose of the SOC with low-gravity match in mind; the timer is lowered to 10 tics, less than a third of a second. This prevents the long periods of control loss when in rounds of match or CTF with the gravity console parameter reduced, but also makes the person hit more vulnerable while in the air, making it more interesting all around.

As before, feel free to reuse or modify without credit, though I advise that the modified SOC follow a naming convention of "pain<duration>.soc" to prevent confusion or naming conflict.

Attachments

• PFS.zip
    280 bytes · Views: 683
  • easytoalter.png
    easytoalter.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:
I seem to recall Jazz was unable to get the asteroid level to work until he added something like this. But back then, antigravity was a very rare gimmick. With the gravity fad ERZ started, I think that something like this should be available to everybody. Therefore, I think this soc is a good idea and will probably be more useful now than it would have been in 1.09.4.

Also included is Pain10.soc, a re-purpose of the SOC with low-gravity match in mind; the timer is lowered to 10 tics, less than a third of a second.

Autoring massacre much?

Even so, yeah, it'll probably make combat fun. Quick return fire + fragfest :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back