Knockout The Echidna Character WAD -KO.T.E.wad- UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior

[8/11/2013]: And over 3 years later, I finally update this thing again. I fixed some sprite color bugs, and revamped KO's reflect thok. Now when you thok, KO will get a small jump boost. The only thing is, the sooner you thok the higher you jump, and the later you thok, the lower.

KO also now has a spindash that can reflect shots for those of you who cannot time the jump to hit the shots heading at you in time.

[7/9/2010]: I now have a version of both KO.T.E's with no custom action.

[6/9/2010]: Did some minor tweaking to KO's stats, and I also fix'd a crash with the KO.T.E-nosfx wad.

[6/8/2010]: Uploaded a zip with D00D64's cleaned up KO.T.E with voices.

[6/8/2010]: Updated KO.T.E to have a longer reflect time and fix'd some sprites and re-vamped some of his voices, and some other small things.

Finally, after being in the works for a long time it is done, my Knockout The Echidna character wad. He is just a bit faster then Tails but slower then Knux when he is running, but when he uses his in air action, Reflect. As for his ability, he gains a quick shield that he can use to reflect shots back at his foes, but it takes away 1 ring when he uses it, so be careful!

Screenshots:
srb20228.png

srb20229.png

srb20230.png

There are two versions of this wad, one with SFX and one without SFX. Anyways, have fun!

Attachments

• KO.T.E.zip
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 2,054
  • KO.T.E-nosfx.zip
    92 KB · Views: 1,141
  • KO.T.E-NET.zip
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 1,173
  • KO.T.Enosfx-NET.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:
Oh finally you posted! :D
Anyways, great job KO.T.E!

*Sighs* If only Hinote was here. :(

This is word-for-word a character I came up with at the tender age of 12. He was basically a fusion-ha of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow, and essentially looked exactly like this, except he was purple with Shadow's red etchings. He also didn't have the bangs, had two (small) tails and had ears.

That being said, a fan character. Yay.

I found the SFX version very humourous. "hey cut that out!"
but I also found it cool at the same time. I think the super frames need some animation while jumping

Oh, so THAT'S what your name stands for.

Anyway, this is a great character. It has an original ability and it looks very nice. The only problem is I think the voices should be removed and replaced with grunts and such, they just don't seem to be necessary.

I like this character, but I dislike the ability chosen, as I've said on IRC. In my opinion, it's overpowered. But hey, I'm not the one making it. Anyway, I was around for the first beta, which had fast glide(which by the way I like MUCH better), and I have to say that it's improved greatly. There's just one problem I have: the 2D frames look too 2 dimensional to me. I also like the SFX, it's just pure awesomeness.

Why not post that one too? I like the shield thing but maybe make it cost like a few rings to activate it. Gliding seems cool.

I'll be back... after I respawn! Nice sfx. (or whatever its called)

The reason that he didn't post that one, WEREHOG, is because I completed it and because he thinks that fast glide is overpowered. And no, I will NOT link to it because that would break the promise I made to KOTE.

No, at least not in the version I made. I had removed them so I could add in my super frames, that way he would look good while super(A yellow Knockout with Black stripes don't look good.). Anyways, I am gonna update the WAD some time with a few sprite fixes, seeing that I have a few W.I.P sprites still in it. >>

Played with him and I think he's a very nice character. I love your sprite art and everything animates smoothly. The custom ability is pretty neat, and the voices are a nice touch. Great job.

KOTE, you suck at file management.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pz7ym

391kb. No, that isn't a typo, I reduce the file size that much with one click. Next time, if you remove files, use "clean up", or XWE will not fully "delete" it, and it'll still be in the WAD... kinda. So there.

Anyways, his design is basically a recolor (ablet not THAT bad of one, but still a recolor to me.), and his ability is useless. I mean, 3 rings to thok? Sure, it can reflect, but how useful does that come up if you get knocked back anyways? It acts like a shield too, but if you get hit, you can't use your ability without risking death or actually hitting someone. It also bugs up the other shields: Force disappears after thoking, and the other shields loose their transparency, which pretty much slaps a "HIT ME HARD" sign on your face. Also, his voice clips are so bad it's hilarious. You sound so BORED all the time, geez. So yeah, dont like the design, dont like the ability, dont like the voiceacting, and with that, I dont like the character. So... yeah.

Last edited:
Cool stuff KO! I think later on I'll download it and try it. :P Heh, after all I did the walking sprites XD
Sorry about being late about that server before you released it. It seems I was not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back