How do I convert MP3 music into .ogg for SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
Hello. Currently, I've been working on trying to use MP3 music for SRB2. After asking some other members, they've told me that I must convert the MP3 files into .ogg files. Even though I have XWE, I still don't know what to do.

Your help will be appreciated.

You rename the file to >filenamehere<.ogg.
No, you don't. Renaming the file doesn't change anything.

Use a converter. There are probably plenty, but if you already have Audacity on your PC (which I'd recommend for any kind of audio editing), you can use that.

.mp3 works fine in SRB2, you know. Just add it in like any other music file.

Use Audacity to do it, but remember to lower the quality to lower the filesize, or doing so would be pointless.

Use Audacity to do it, but remember to lower the quality to lower the filesize, or doing so would be pointless.

I've already done that. But the problem is, how to get it working in XWE. Instead of adding 5 files into the game, I'd like to make 1 file, adding all 5 files into the game. But XWE doesn't accept it. Either that, or it takes a while to load.

I've already done that. But the problem is, how to get it working in XWE. Instead of adding 5 files into the game, I'd like to make 1 file, adding all 5 files into the game. But XWE doesn't accept it. Either that, or it takes a while to load.

You gotta export as OGG Vorbis or whatever it's called. Not as a project.

Click File, and it's on the drop down menu, just below the middle (below Export as MP3)

Oh, and under Quality, make it 44100 Hz, and under File Formats, put OGG Export Setupat about 3.

Click File, and it's on the drop down menu, just below the middle (below Export as MP3)

Oh, and under Quality, make it 44100 Hz, and under File Formats, put OGG Export Setupat about 3.

I've done that now. Now, in XWE, I just open the file and make it into a wad, or is there more to it?

But doesn't it take up more space than ogg?

Not always. I have a few musics here that increase in filesize with .ogg compared to .mp3.

Regardless, converting from a lossy format to another lossy format never really is the best of ideas; you're pretty much guaranteed to lose some quality somewhere in the music.

犬夜叉;659369 said:
Regardless, converting from a lossy format to another lossy format never really is the best of ideas; you're pretty much guaranteed to lose some quality somewhere in the music.

True, but you can barely tell the difference if you do it right, and if you make it ogg and do what I stated earlier, the filesize would be MUCH smaller than a typical MP3 and not loose that much quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back