• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Multi-textured FOFs (until we get proper documentation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
SSNTails mentioned a new flag that will allow you to have fofs with independent textures and effects per sector. Until we get some proper documentation, I wanted to put the link somewhere before I forget.

SRB2FUN log

Basically there's a new flag in 2.x for it, but you'll need the newest DB config. I'm not sure where to find the config or how long its been in SRB2 (if its in 2.0.5, then this won't be relevant until that's out), I'm sure one of the admins can fill in the blanks.

This will come in really handy... especially for those who tend to go crazy with fofs, like myself. ^_~

A multi-textured FOF sample is out:

http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/Sampl...exturedFOF.zip

srb20048.png

srb20049.png

samplemultitexturedfof.png

samplemultitexturedfof2.png

Last edited:
Cool, Ezer.Arch. Now make each side of the FOF scroll differently! (Apply scroll effect to control sector lines). Change the floor height of the target sector so we can see the lower texture stay still while the FOF texture moves. :)

This is pretty cool.

What happens when you tag the control linedef to a sector with a different linedef count than the control sector?

I thought you meant multiple textures on the same side, but this is something that I've been waiting for a long time now, too.

That secret was blown as soon as I learned how to do it. I even have FF quoted on my Wiki Chat page on how to delay a linedef executor.

The majority of editors still don't know how to do it.

Just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean everyone does.

...That was a secret? I figured it out and used it alot in Magma Core Zone.

Doesn't anyone look at the offical levels to see how stuff works now a days?

Hmm, now that you mention it, that's how the moving lasers in ERZ work, isn't it?

It's not a secret, though, it's just an undocumented feature. Like 99% of everything added in SRB2 2.0.

...That was a secret? I figured it out and used it alot in Magma Core Zone.

Doesn't anyone look at the offical levels to see how stuff works now a days?

Not when the there are enough control lindefs to make my head hurt. :(
I tried, and I failed. Many times.

EDIT: Even if I figure it out, how are delayed lindef executors able to constantly loop like the spinning lazer in ERZ?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an "Execute linedef executor" special that allows you to make them loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back