Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I want to learn how to make tunnels like this one in Mystic Realm:
srb20001.png

By ankoctoaragon at 2009-12-12[/IMG]

or this one:
srb20002.png
By ankoctoaragon at 2009-12-12[/IMG]

I know this is version 1.9.4 but I want to know how to do this in 2.0.
if this is made stacking multiple FOF's tell only this, but if it's not, so, tell me how to do.

Last edited:
What, you mean just a tunnel, nothing above or below it? (besides ground of course) That's just a sector with a lower ceiling height and a ceiling flat beside F_SKY1, such as GFZFLR01 or LITEY1.

Now, if you want to be able to go above the tunnel, that's a sector with the regular ceiling height, and using an FOF for the top part.

Hey, might as well be nice about it. :P

Luckily, this isn't very hard to do. There are 2 ways to do it:

First way is to lower the ceiling and give it a ceiling texture other than F_SKY1. This is the easiest way, but that makes it impossible to go on top of the tunnel.

The second way is a bit more complicated, because you must know how to make a FOF.
First, give the desired sector an unused sector tag. Then, tag a FOF to that sector with the desired heights. This way makes it possible to stand on top of the tunnel (if done correctly).

EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd.

thank you, both of you helped me.

Spherallic

thank you, but I already know how to make FOF's. =D

I have another question, someone can explain for me why the top of the tunnel doesn't appeare on editor?(I am speaking about the first screenshot).

Regular Doom Builder's 3D editor cannot render FOFs. You should use SRB2 Doom Builder if you want a more accurate 3D editor.

(Hell, you should just use SRB2 Doom Builder in general.)

What your saying is that the fof type listed in SRB2DB isn't the same as the one it's supposed to be ? If so, just go to the SRB2 Wiki. You can look up the lindef types and input it manually in your favorite level editor.

I use srb2 editor and the correct config but it doesn't show this FOF.

There are lots of possibilities that something went wrong:

- FOF's floor/ceiling heights are "invisible" in your room where the FOF should be (away from room limits: too high over the ceiling or too low under the floor) ;

- The sector where the FOF should be has a wrong tag number;

- The sector where the FOF should be is unclosed;

- The control sector's linedef that sets up the FOF has a wrong sector tag number;

- The control sector's linedef that would set up the FOF has a wrong linedef type;

- The control sector's linedef that sets up the FOF has wrong textures and flats, so the FOF won't display or displays screwy;

- The control sector's linedef exists, but no linedef type was set;

- The control sector is unclosed (no sigsegv?).

- The control sector is inside the map (should work anyway?).

- The control sector doesn't exist (oh wait!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back