SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

 
 
Thread Tools
mth_BlockFrame_Galaxy.wad (Match/Tag/H&S Map.) Details »»
mth_BlockFrame_Galaxy.wad (Match/Tag/H&S Map.)
Version: , by SonicX8000 (Graphic & Sprite Modder.) SonicX8000 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (6 votes - 3.33 average)
Released: 10-20-2009 Last Update: Never Installs: 5
Multiplayer Levels

This Map Gametypes are Match/Tag/H&S.

Takes place in a space area that seems to be in the works, going outside of the frame will result in dying.

There are gravity switches, which allow you to flip yourself, so basicly... your going to be all over the map, top and bottom.

Overhead Map. (The Red lines are NO CLIMB walls.)


In-game screenshots

-----

-----

-----

(The arrow currents in this screen launch you to higher levels, without using any gravity flips.)

Main : http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/34...ame_Galaxy.wad
Mirror : http://www.sendspace.com/file/f0c6mt

Show Your Support

  • This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 10-20-2009   #2
Sky The Destroyer
 
Sky The Destroyer's Avatar
Default

...o_O. Wow. Looks good. My review will come later.
__________________
<SkyTheDestroyer> Why does the Master Server delist my server once it hits 32/32?
<SpiritCrusher> Your server has attained GOD STATUS
<SpiritCrusher> The MS can't display it anymore
Sky The Destroyer is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #3
Eblo
Default

This level is incredibly fun, especially with players flying around the entire place. However, it is greatly annoying for the gravity switches to be activated anywhere in the sector. I'd rather have it activate when you touch the floor.
Eblo is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #4
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Okay, this is ONE GIANT MESS of a stage you got here.

It's cramped, it's the same everywhere, you just RANDOMLY swap gravity for no reason, it's hideous, it replaces a pre-existing match map for NO REASON, and is almost impossible to play on. I don't even think this is fixable, honestly.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #5
Fred
Retired
 
Fred's Avatar
Default

One minor gripe: the "h" in the filename actually stands for the currently broken emerald hunt mode.

Other than that, it seems to a symmetrical map.

Yawn.
Fred is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #6
Titan
Default

I disagree with what DOOD said 100%

This wad was hard, but not impossible. It was also fun. That's how I like levels. As long as a level wad is hard and fun, does not have EXTREMELY cramped places, and has a good amount of rings, it's a good wad to me.
Titan is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #7
Simsmagic
i 2 i
 
Simsmagic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Okay, this is ONE GIANT MESS of a stage you got here.

It's cramped, it's the same everywhere, you just RANDOMLY swap gravity for no reason, it's hideous, it replaces a pre-existing match map for NO REASON, and is almost impossible to play on. I don't even think this is fixable, honestly.
You do realize that 90% of custom maps replace existing ones, right?
Simsmagic is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #8
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsmagic View Post
You do realize that 90% of custom maps replace existing ones, right?
You do realize that you aren't proving any sort of point, right?
Kyasarin is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #9
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsmagic View Post
You do realize that 90% of custom maps replace existing ones, right?
No they don't. SP maps do, and for a good reason; the player can get to level 1 (via a new game, if they didn't get the level select yet) to get to the map.

But in MATCH, it just cripples the rotation, and there is NO reason not to have it as an ADDITIONAL map rather than a replacing one, and if you WANTED to make a pre-existing map go to a new one, you can just make copy MAINCFG entry for the map from srb2.srb, and change the next level to the new one. Plus, it replaces MEADOW MATCH of all levels. Smatch has been in the rotation since the BEGINNING (As in, BEFORE there was EVEN a rotation), and is the best example of a nice, yet SIMPLE map, which Block Frame Galaxy is the polar opposite of; horrible, and overly complicated looking.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline  
Old 10-20-2009   #10
A Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

Looks nice. Interesting zone. Downloading it now. I'll review it tommrow.
A Cat is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #11
Retro SS
Super Sonic Beta
 
Retro SS's Avatar
Default

me too, this seems niiiice.

Titan's right, this map is awesome. I LOOVE IT!

Last edited by Retro SS; 10-21-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Retro SS is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #12
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

I agree with D00D64. It's cramped, ugly, and it's just the same area repeating. You can't tell where you are, really. Gravity switching is annoying and really doesn't work in most situations of Match.
Kyasarin is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #13
A Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

It is ok. The gravity flips can often kill the play. Please fix this. You get a 8/10.
A Cat is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #14
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEREHOG View Post
It is ok. You get a 8/10.
8/10 means great.
OK means 5/10.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #15
Retro SS
Super Sonic Beta
 
Retro SS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher View Post
8/10 means great.
Ok means 5/10.
does it matter?!
Retro SS is offline  
Old 10-21-2009   #16
darkbob1713
I hate this username :(
 
darkbob1713's Avatar
Default

Mth isnt needed, mt is just fine.
__________________
Quote:
<SirCoat> ...report me for what?
<Jester the lucky 7> for hurassing a server shouting out hangout and for being in a hangout
<SirCoat> what does that have to do with you hangouting
<SirCoat> ...
<Streakster The Fox> um this is a hangout
darkbob1713 is offline  
Old 10-22-2009   #17
Arf
 
Arf's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro SS View Post
does it matter?!
Actually, it does. A lot.
I don't get why you people think 7/10 means that the map is ok, it means above average, which considering the quality of most maps in this forum, is a breath of fresh air, a "rarity" if you must.
5/10 is OK.
This ends up creting misconceptions about which maps are good and which ones are bad. I don't say you should be Nazi perfect with your scoring, but at least make some sense. For reference about what to score maps, use the Richter Scale, since it applies pretty neatly into this.
Arf is offline  
Old 10-23-2009   #18
BotanicJet989
 
BotanicJet989's Avatar
Default

Cool!I'm gonna download this and try it!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

K!ool that wad was awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Kool i tried it lol how do u make great wads like that?

(BotanicJet989 received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
BotanicJet989 is offline  
Old 10-23-2009   #19
TDM
New name: "Blivsey"
 
TDM's Avatar
Default

/me eeps at above post(s)

This looks cool. Gonna try NOW.
__________________
So I sorta need a name change.
TDM is offline  
Old 10-24-2009   #20
Simsmagic
i 2 i
 
Simsmagic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf View Post
Actually, it does. A lot.
I don't get why you people think 7/10 means that the map is ok, it means above average, which considering the quality of most maps in this forum, is a breath of fresh air, a "rarity" if you must.
5/10 is OK.
This ends up creting misconceptions about which maps are good and which ones are bad. I don't say you should be Nazi perfect with your scoring, but at least make some sense. For reference about what to score maps, use the Richter Scale, since it applies pretty neatly into this.
People think that a 7/10 is only okay because that's how it is in their schools, 70% is a C which stands for "Average", or "Okay". A 50% in the same system is an F, which is "Bad" or "Very Below Average". We really need to get people away from that system, because it skews map results.
Simsmagic is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A little CTF/Match map with no name ashtheman14 Editing 5 03-31-2010 08:00 PM
Eggman match wad 909090hey Editing 4 07-29-2009 04:35 PM
NewIsland (CTF, Tag and Match) Kratzean Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 6 07-07-2009 08:02 PM
Big Montain (Match and Tag) Kratzean Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 9 07-02-2009 05:22 PM
Anyone up for a match? Chocozai Help 8 10-19-2004 02:07 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.