Super Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikel

No longer active
This was made during the v1.08 era because there wasn't an official Super Sonic for SRB2 until v1.09 and since this is my first release for v2.0 (AKA SRB2ME), I guess I'll start off with the changes:

* Ported to SRB2 v2.0
* Added new 1up monitor and Signpost sprites.
* The old "passive" abilities (like runonwater), are no longer present in this version.

Version 1.1 (04/11/12):
* Due to fan demand, I've changed his ability from speed thok to float.
* Prefcolor now changed to yellow.
* Super Sonic's color is changed in the signpost sprites.

Special thanks to:

CZ64 - For the original v1.08 version of the wad released in 2005, in which he collaborated with Spazzo on.
Spazzo - For helping CZ64 with the original v1.08 Version of the wad.
Donnyku - For the Shadow sprites (In which he was based off of), and for porting the wad to v1.09.2.
I (Of course) - For porting the wad to v1.09.4, and adding the features that were in v1.09.4 (Like Running on Water), that didn't make it to SRB2ME, and for porting the wad recently for SRB2ME.

superdo6.gif

Attachments

• supersonic.rar
    74.9 KB · Views: 11,050
Last edited:
Pretty cool... I like it. 4/5

Maybe put NOSPINJUMP though. It would make it more like Super Sonic in a level. Not Genesis, though. I did't like the spin jump. It didn't make Super Sonic as unique. Good colors, though.

btw its nojumpspin i think
AND I WAS WAITING FOR THIS WAD!
THANK you!
yesh!
and it works good too

Pretty cool... I like it. 4/5

Maybe put NOSPINJUMP though. It would make it more like Super Sonic in a level. Not Genesis, though. I did't like the spin jump. It didn't make Super Sonic as unique. Good colors, though.

I'm not too sure if I should use NOJUMPSPIN, though I saw that Super Sonic doesn't spin when he Jumps in the later Sonic Games (Sonic Adventure 2 - Present), but thanks, I will try to change the Super Form up a bit, since SUPERCOLOR and ALLOWSUPER are no longer available.

I'll be blunt: I don't like it. Those sprites are a holdover from SRB2 1.08, back when there weren't Super forms. Now that we're up to SRB2 2.0, there's absolutely no excuse for how primitive they are. They really just look like recolored Shadow sprites. I'd frankly much rather see a Super Sonic WAD that was a sprite rip of the SRB2 Super graphics.

But the SRB2 Super Sonic sprites absolutely SUCK. His head from behind looks like a starfish, and the spikes are far too deshaped and wrongly sized. The color yellow used here was never ever used before for Super Sonic, and doesn't even indicate a slight aura or glow. Compare to any other Super Sonic in the real games if you need to. And finally, the walking poses suck. It doesn't shine out Super Sonic's personality at all, just a random SUPER Mickey Mouse with a smile. The only cool and slightly fitting SS sprites are probably the side-flying one, and a few on-edge sprites.

It doesn't matter how old this wad is, Super Sonic once USED to look like Shadow. In the Genesis days, he had totally wild spikes that seemed like they've extended, in Sonic Shuffle, the SA series, and Sonic Rush he had Shadow's spikestyle.

So it's basically a SA styled Super Sonic, not a primitive Shadow recolor. SEGA made Shadow a Super Sonic recolor, we didn't get to choose in that, after all.

Even so, SEGA never made a Super Sonic that was this dim-colored, either. And he should at least be floating.

Flaws there, Super Sonic always floating was only cause think about all the replaces he was used in the 3D games: surface of water (SA/SADX), Space (SA2/SA2B), The Sky (Sonic Heroes), Dimensional rift place (Next Gen), Underground (Unleashed). Now compare to the classic one, he stood, he walked, he floated, and could jump.

Now you can see the differences what what should be done depending on the Super Sonic you want. Classic = Walk and float, New Gen = Float all ze time.

I'm pretty sure Sonic floats. Though, the classic games might've been limited or something.

Remember when Sonic turns into supper sonic, he floats? SS has never been on land in the 3D games.... So you could debate what its supposed to be like.

Yay, I remember when I played this...Now I don't.

But back to what Sms said:

But the SRB2 Super Sonic sprites absolutely SUCK. His head from behind looks like a starfish, and the spikes are far too deshaped and wrongly sized.

He does have a point, Super sonic should look like (In my opinion) that his quills were forced up, the current SRB2 sonic looks like they are just pointing up, which makes no sense.

While the Sonic Unleashed sonic actually looks like his quills were forced up by his transformation, not sticking up.

All I'm saying is that it should have some curves in it; Also, The SA2B, SA, and RUSH Ss isn't a recolor of shadow, considering that the Ss was made before Shadow was.

Last edited:
I must agree with Unknown and SMS, but i don't think the dev team cares :S

While this is a classic Super Sonic remake wad, it kinda still looks like a shadow recolor (sorta) from 1.08!

Also some funny tip here: Imagine sonic's spine's being held by a hand! XD

Well, the wad itself has plenty of room for improvement. Colors, the eyes, the shading, of course. I think someone oughta pimp up the majority of the wad indeed. It may be better than the SRB2 Super Sonic in both design, colors and poses, but it DOES feel like there could be a LOT improved in this. Maybe a few updates in the sprites and shading?

how do i get it working because its a rar

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

How do I get it working because it's a rar.

how do i get it working because its a rar

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

How do I get it working because it's a rar.

7-Zip or WinRAR, even though the former is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back