scr_SunsetPassact1.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
Hello! As some of you know, I have been working on a MOD know as SRB2 Chaos Domain, and the first zone was known as, Greenery Pass. Those of you who have played the May/June OLDC, you would have sawn the act 2 of this zone, it unlike the first act was at sunset. after making that level, I had the idea of editing GPZ1 into a sunset stage also. And so I did, and now we have this, Sunset Pass Zone.

Screen Shots:

srb20030.png

srb20031.png

srb20032.png

Also, for those of you who can't use the attachmets, here is a sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/72gyya

EDIT: Version 1.1 is out. sendspace link coming soon.

EDIT2: Sendspace link added

Attachments

• scr_SunsetPassact1.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,246
Last edited:
Nice, just like the original level. You might want to replace the underwater crawlas with fish enemies though.

The pushable rocks just ruin the flow of the level. I'll be running through fine and dandy then I'll hit one of those rocks and stop dead. You should remove them or make it so that the player can't touch them.

I happen to be one of those people who can't use attachments to download files, phooie. :<

However, I dislike the fact that you changed the SonicCD into GHZ textures, and the fact that almost every single wall texture is the same. I understand that those SonicCD textures need to be converted, but you could have easily done that, compared to the other stuff I've seen you do.

Have you tried right clicking and save as? What internet browser are you using and what version?

If you still have problems with it, I will try to inform Cue as soon as I can to see what the problem could be.

I seem to download the file just fine by double-clicking it, but when I take the file out of the zip, it's named as just a file, and not a WAD. I tried adding ".wad" to the end of the filename, but SRB2 still doesn't read it properly.

Thank you, now for a review:
I like it, I don't really care about those GHZ textures, but why did you use Sonic Electronic music? Also, the water textures are nice but it makes it look like the water is shallow instead of deep. All in all, it is quite a nice level.

Here's my review:

There simply isn't anything that separates this level from any other levels. There's no real gimmicks, and the platforming isn't fun at all. There's little replay value. The rocks, as said before are an annoyance, and the new enemies don't add much. Use some more texture variety, I've seen that one wall texture all the time.

4/10

An okay level, yet it has numerous flaws from making it anywhere near average.

Last edited:
This level felt like a tech demo. It felt like you were testing out what it feels like to make a level with your hands without putting any real heart or soul into it.

An average level. It needs more gimmicks, though. Right now, there just isn't a whole lot to do. You just run through fields and tunnels jumping from platform to platform. I guess it's not bad for a first level of a pack, but it just needs more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back