SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Playable Eggman! - eggman.wad Details »»
Playable Eggman! - eggman.wad
Developer Last Online: Feb 2016

Version: SRB2 Rating: (19 votes - 4.42 average)
Released: 08-05-2009 Last Update: Never Installs: 48
Characters

The inevitable playable Eggman wad for version 2.0. Only this time I made it, so you know it's good!

Eggman's a big character, roughly four times Sonic's size, so he has a hard time accelerating from a standstill. Even so, at top speed, he's faster than Tails!

His spindash works in a curious manner -- the maximum speed is lower than the normal characters, but it charges up instantly. Coupled with his hindered acceleration, mastering Eggman might involve a fair bit of slingshotting.

As a special ability, he floats, making him a formidable character in rooms other characters would find tricky. Because he can float indefinitely without losing height, he makes short work of some obstacles in Egg Rock Zone and such.

The Eggmobile handles color changing, with the default being Silver. When he goes Super in the multiplayer modes, it turns into solid gold (sort of).

Screenshots:

Credits to InstantSonic for the original sprites from SRB2, and SSNTails for the artwork used in the character select.

Download Now

File Type: zip eggman.zip (241.4 KB, 8179 views)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-05-2009   #2
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

Nice! No SRB2 WAD collection will be complete without that!

BTW, I LOVE your avatar!
Old 08-05-2009   #3
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

I used this to fight the GFZ3 boss.

It was epic on so many levels.

...I really wish Ringslinger was still in.

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
Old 08-05-2009   #4
Chrispy

Wait, what?
I thought Neo Chaotikal died.
Old 08-05-2009   #5
MetalGear

^ lol
very nice, ill download it right away =D
Old 08-05-2009   #6
filio

He jumps SO high when Super. This wad is awesome... No words can describe it. Is there a ringslinger or something for WadEditing?
Old 08-05-2009   #7
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Took this for a quick spin, pretty neat. Still need to try it out in multiplayer and stuff, though.

Nice to see you again, Neo.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 08-06-2009   #8
ZarroTsu
Over The Speed Limit

Old 08-06-2009   #9
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

I like it, but sometimes it's size starts to bother me.
Old 08-06-2009   #10
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Eggman is almost impossible to play as in match cause of his acceleration, and with speed shoe/super his max speed drops down to half or so with even worse accel. REALLY wish the acceleration/speed code got fixed.
Old 08-06-2009   #11
Fred
Retired

Version 1.1 has been released. This addresses the bug where collecting Super Sneakers actually lowered your speed instead of increasing it. The link in the first post has also been updated.

If you had downloaded the file before this post, please download it again. My apologies.

Download

And here I was, hoping to make a single clean release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filio
He jumps SO high when Super. This wad is awesome... No words can describe it. Is there a ringslinger or something for WadEditing?
You can thank Jazz for the boost in jump height. He was the one responsible for re-programming the character abilities in SRB2 2.0.

Ringslinging has been removed in 2.0. Which is a shame, since I intended to let Eggman shoot his missiles like in the GFZ3 boss. Oh well, you'll just have to make do with the little reference in the multiplayer modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku Niola
Eggman is almost impossible to play as in match cause of his acceleration
He's certainly not impossible to play as. Tap the spindash button to quickly get out of a tough spot, then jump to regain control and maintain your speed. Use floating to your benefit by jumping off a high cliff and shooting down unsuspecting players below.

In Race, though... well, everybody uses Sonic.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Last edited by Fred; 11-08-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Standardizing download links
Old 08-07-2009   #12
Chimera
Your best friend

Downloading. Gonna play in a bit :3

BTW- Anyone else vote for a return of Ringsliger? :P
Old 08-07-2009   #13
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal and others
Ringslinging has been removed in 2.0. Which is a shame, since I intended to let Eggman shoot his missiles like in the GFZ3 boss. Oh well, you'll just have to make do with the little reference in the multiplayer modes.
Ringslinging still exists...after I quickly opened Srb2 and typed it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Srb2
>ringslinger
"ringslinger" is "No" default is "No"
Neat wad after playing with it for a while, however it reminds me of an old wad...I think it was called Bacon Man or something?
Old 08-07-2009   #14
Kancsar
AKA Diskette Projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi
Ringslinging still exists...after I quickly opened Srb2 and typed it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Srb2
>ringslinger
"ringslinger" is "No" default is "No"
Errm...That's the console command you are talking about! We are talking about the new S_SKIN attribute settings for v2.0 which has a possibly removed ringsling, slingitem!
Old 08-07-2009   #15
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kancsar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi
Stuff
Errm...That's the console command you are talking about! We are talking about the new S_SKIN attribute settings for v2.0 which has a possibly removed ringsling, slingitem!
Ahh I see sorry for the misconception, hopefully it doesn't otherwise some old character wads that get converted won't work as they were intended, since some of them really needed slingitem. I believe one wad couldn't kill enemies with jumps and has to shoot instead...
Old 08-10-2009   #16
MarioTheBest

Good!I see that wad is cool!But when he dies it sounds Funny!

(MarioTheBest received an infraction for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)
Old 08-12-2009   #17
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarroTsu View Post
img
I was gonna post that aaaaaaaaaa

(Kaysakado received an infraction for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)
Old 08-13-2009   #18
Hopalongtom

He's a bit too big I agree, and unfortunately, the camera controls from the old version of SRB2 don't work anymore! :(

" O & P " to rotate camera don't work anymore, or edit chase cam distance settings in options just aren't there anymore! These would've made the larger character size a little easier.

Great wad, updated to his new graphics and first playable eggman I've seen that includes the effects from his eingines! :D
Old 08-13-2009   #19
LKA
boltingboltingbolting

I honestly love this. The bulkiness is silly but it's nothing that chasecam 0 can't fix.

Very fun to play as, hilarious in Match. Super Robotnik was so hilariously 10/10 that we had to keep feeding rings into them to watch them jump so high.

My only complaint is underwater with them.. DSZ is a nightmare. ._. That's really more of a nitpick than anything else.
Old 08-13-2009   #20
Fred
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysakado View Post
I was gonna post that aaaaaaaaaa
It's good to see both of you got the horribly obvious reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalongtom View Post
" O & P " to rotate camera don't work anymore, or edit chase cam distance settings in options just aren't there anymore! These would've made the larger character size a little easier.
You can still use console commands such as cam_dist, cam_height, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalongtom View Post
Great wad, updated to his new graphics and first playable eggman I've seen that includes the effects from his eingines! :D
Yeah, those are usually separate mobjs, but I built them into the actual sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKA View Post
My only complaint is underwater with them.. DSZ is a nightmare. ._. That's really more of a nitpick than anything else.
When you're as big as a rock, you handle like a rock. Remember his spindash speed is the same underwater, and it still charges instantly. Even without dashing, the crusher room in DSZ2 is (slowly) possible as Eggman. I assured this myself.