It"possible make/program the Sonic classic loops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to make the great classic loops of the older sonic games... because I never saw a map of srb2 with them.
(I am not totally ignorant I know that this would be much harder in Doom Builder) but I want to know if is possible making them in srb2, so, how?

You can't make a loop, but you can make something LIKE a loop. Probably make 4 stairs for each corner, and FOF's connecting them. And a zoom tube(Or lightdash if it still existed) going in a zoom tube fasihon.

Or use the gravity trick to make yourself go up on it, then make yourself go backwards, and then another gravity switch to make yourself go down...

If you can do it right.

Yes, that's right. Although you can't make a true loop, as there are no slopes in the game, you can create a loopish structure with FOFs, and then create a Zoom Tube that pulls you into a looping motion. However, it's quite crude.

Also, you'll want significantly more than 4 stairs to make it look even remotely smooth. More like 20.

I've actually got one that has about six steps in each corner. It's not very big and is fairly crude, but it works fine.

You can't make REAL loops in SRB2. You can make scripted loops like Sonic Adventure, though.

Mystic said:
You can't make REAL loops in SRB2. You can make scripted loops like Sonic Adventure, though.
And I still don't see why STJr doesn't at least implement a way to make it so that you have to be at a certain speed to start the zoom tube, and you go through the zoom tube at that speed, and you can jump out of the zoom tube at any given time, etc. It really wouldn't be that hard, would it?

Regardless of how they're implemented, they'd be a blocky, gimmicky hack that doesn't involve gameplay at all. It's not that we couldn't do it as much as it doesn't actually add anything to the game, like how Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Adventure do loops. Given a choice between that and no loops at all, I prefer no loops at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back