Flame the hedgehog character (FTH.wad, Na_Flamesword.soc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Alright, I have great news to share with people, and that news is that I managed to finish making the main things I wanted to implement in the wad.
You are probably wondering what these "things" are, right?

Number 1) Well, I took away Flame's thoking ability and replaced it with a Double jumping ability.
You are probably wondering "why?" arent you?

Well, I managed to SOC a special jumping animation for Flame which works quite Nicely. While he jumps, he will go through his spinning frames once and then to his falling frames.

BUT, THAT IS NOT ALL!

Number 2) Strangely enough, I was able to make a special sword animation for Flame, since I am an Uber SOCcer. Located in the Na_FlameSword.soc.
I made screenshots of the sword attacking:

srb20001wd1.png

^ Flame Destroying an enemy ^

srb20002vp5.png

^ Flame attacking a bustable wall ^

NOTICE: When using the Na_FlameSword.soc PLEASE do not use any other character other than Flame. My character has extra sprites within the wad, and when you spin or jump as sonic, IT will result in a "Lack of sprites" Sigsegv.

DOWNLOAD:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

I like this wad, its cool with the sword, being a ametuer SOCcer i wouldn't know how to do this, but this is very nice

Ah, I see you found a way to make the flipjump not break in SA Mode, nice.

As for the sword strike, it's nice and all, but the sound effects are kinda wierd. And it'll break if you use it at the wrong time in a Superform.

Thank you for the responses to my wad. I am pleased that you all like it.

I updated the first post with a second mirror link. Enjoy!

Flame, why don't you add Sonic, Tails and Knux placeholder sprites in your wad for the SOC? You wanna use a sword in netgames now, doncha?

Tapika the fox said:
Flame, why don't you add Sonic, Tails and Knux placeholder sprites in your wad for the SOC? You wanna use a sword in netgames now, doncha?

I have tried that. It doesnt work.
The sonic.plr Tails.plr and Knux.plr files must have the extra sprites in them, Not in my wad.

I loved and hated this wad in netgames. The part with the SOC was fun even though I had to use forceskin and no one knew I had it in. The part without was causing a few bugs, like just pressing the spin button and Flame just stays there spinning.

Anyway, Nice Wad! I give this 5/10!

The reason why Flame spins in place is because, I had origionally planned this type of wad with the NA_FlameSword.soc

Draykon said:
Actually no Flame, you can give Sonic the sprites by naming them PLAY, and putting them in-between S_START and S_END.

Well here is the strange thing. My sprites are already named PLAY.

Also, I did this with other wads too, I put Sprites and named them PLAY, in the wad, It didnt work for all of the characters. (Even when I had sprites named TAIL, and KNUX)

EDIT: ACTUALLY, It works for only sonic, Not for Tails and knuckles for some reason.

EDIT2: Link updated with only sonic not making it crash, Its on the first post. Or -->Here<-- if you are too lazy.

This may sound nooby, but how do I use the sword? I tried spindasshing and Flame vanishes, and then reappears when I press the spindash button again.

Oh, I am terribly sorry about that.

Well I fixed up the spinning again. Sonic works along with flame. (It still doesnt work with Tails or knuckles.)
Have fun!

Download:
Mirror 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9c8rdz
Mirror 2: (Same in the first post)
(Links Also updated on the first post)

Nice wad! It was cool with the sword and all. Hey, do you think you could make it work with Shadow? It would also help with the SHTH mod. :D

I find your sword attack kind of awkward to use. One problem is you can't easily slash at item boxes, meaning you have to jump on them.

I'll Begin said:
I find your sword attack kind of awkward to use. One problem is you can't easily slash at item boxes, meaning you have to jump on them.

Have you tried spinning into them?

Okidokie, tested it out.

The character's basicly the same.(talking about the graphics)

The jump fits pretty darn well with the double jump. It would seem kinda weird if you thokked with just 1/2 flip(s). There's this fact that he goes into falling sprites while he still flies up when taking a spring, and the fact the jump TOTALLY screws up everybody's spin jumps, but hey, if you add a wad, you mostly only play with that wad.

The sword seemed okay at first, although it does ruin up all the other characters, and it doesn't seem to have much affect if it isn't done while running. Flame's animations look kinda weird seeing you're doing a running dash attack, so you might want to make the sprite somewhat more based on running while it still fits when standing still. Ya know, like a jump attack? A small critism point is that the mario coin pickup smoke keeps spawning if you dash off a cliff while using sword.

Okay, thats about it. I know the jump is stylish and all(and its the best improvement so far), but using differen't sprites than the spinning sprites does screw up some characters.

Why are my quotes failing today :(

We know, don't rub it in *shot*

This is really good Flame. Maybe if you sprited sword animations for Tails and Knuckles, then it would be able to work. I also think maybe it works for Sonic because Flame and Sonic look similar, not in appearance, but in size and structure and stuff. Same shape. 8/10 overall though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back