• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Too Many Flats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongakujin

I'm making a level wad. I tested the level, and it worked, but then I tried to change the level name in xwe, and when I run the level, it says there are too many flats. Can someone tell me what to do?

I made a new entry called maincfg and entered in the following:

Level 1
levelname = Station Square
act = 0
typeoflevel = 2048
nextlevel = 2
musicslot = 1
skynum = 1
nozone = 1

Thanks.

And yes, I am a noob. This is my first post. Don't hurt me. :(

Wasn't somebody working with a Station Square wad? I heard about it when they were talking about the Emerald Coast wad itself.

This level takes place immediately after the Super Sonic story in Sonic adventure, when Sonic runs off to chase Eggman through the flooded City.

I'll post it if I can find out how to change the level name.

Just edit the "station square" part to whatever you want.

Sounds cool, how far is it done?

It's done, but when I put the thing above in, it tells me there are too many flats. I need someone to tell me how to fix this. I don't want the level name to be greenflower zone.

ongakujin said:
And yes, I am a noob. This is my first post. Don't hurt me. :(
Man, asking a question about the level header is about as far from being a n00b as you can be.

The proper n00b first post would be "CAN SOME1 MAK A STATION SQAURE WAD FOR ME?!?!?!1"

You're taking the initiative and trying to make it yourself. That makes you a newbie, and a respectable one at that.

As for the WAD, for some reason, you renamed MAP01 "MAINCFG" and had a corrupt lump named "MAP01". I deleted the corrupt lump, renamed the map back to MAP01, and nodesbuilt it. Then I added your header as MAP01D.

http://mystic.sepwich.com/scr_stationsquare.wad

Now, as to how you did that, I really don't know. What program did you use to add the header?

I've played that level, pretty good for a first level, might make a good race map, and if it was bigger and the walkways were a bit bigger, then it would be better.

Nice idea ^^

BTW, i use XWE and never found problems with it.

ongakujin said:
Can someone tell me what to do?

Don't. Use. XWE.

Seriously, all the posts on this board about corrupt WAD files or weird things going on when they add entries all has to do with them using XWE.

Maybe next version I'll have SRB2 tell you when you're using XWE with your wad and that you're a bad person.

formula for counting the admin's say in democratic matters of the forum:
Code:
 X + M + L * Y
where 
X = the number of users
M = the number of posts in the suggestions topic and bug report topic combined
L = the value of a regular user's vote (at the time of this writing, 1)
Y = personal mod 
for Mystic, this value is 10
for FuriousFox, this value is 9.9
for Arrow, this value is 0, because no one even remembers that he is an admin
for SSNTails, this value is Mystic's penis size in picometers.

Wow...

this level is pretty good! I was not expecting a FLOODED Station square, nor was I expecting Crush 40 music to be playing!

I like it! But, there are a few minor issues you might want to fix...

1. right before the first star post, there is a long water corridor. you migh want to take out the Flying enemies. they make it almost impossible to get through without drowning.

2. after the first star post, there are some springs. Now, I had learned quite quickly NEVER to move when bouncing off a spring in this level (90% it leads to a quick death) but when I bounced off one of those springs, I didn't get enough air to reach the next platform...

Aside from those. It's an awesome level! Keep it up!
Maybe you should enter that level in a level design contest!

Sonicandtails218 said:
formula for counting the admin's say in democratic matters of the forum:
Code:
for SSNTails, this value is Mystic's penis size in picometers.

So.. 0?

Awesome... Just awesome. Great use of the features available(in particular is the flooded room where the colormap goes above the water; very realistic and helps set a mood). You have no trouble with enemy placement at all, and the only real problem with your map I could find was that it was rather linear(with a few minor branch offs that sort of stay on-path). How long did this take you to make? I can tell you this much; You have a real shot at being one of the wadding greats of SRB2, assuming you improve from this already incredible start. So keep up the good work; I'll be keeping my eye on you after this. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back