Sonic CD glitch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianv

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/548/glitchmb0mf.png
(Okay, the colors arent the glitch, that just happened after I printscreened the image from 256 colors, and got rid of the black from it).
Those rings...they are in the wall. You can't get them. So I was wondering if its only possible to get them in the past or future?
I've been wondering this for like..5 minutes now :P.

Thanks?

You got it. There are many rings and other objects in Sonic CD that are in the walls for that exact reason. They didn't get all the objects set up exactly right, and that's the result.

Sonic CD... Good Times, good times...

...Except for...

scdfunkysonic.gif

SWEET JESUS! That scares the crap out of me every time!

firemario1001 said:
Sonic CD doesn't seem so great when you play it in Gems Collection. They [make] it look like a rush job.

It's because it was ported, not emulated. The Mega Drive games on Sonic Mega Collection and Game Gear games were emulated; that's why they look pixel perfect. However, SONICTEAM still had problems with emulating Sonic CD, so they had no choice but to actually port it. That's why the movie sequences are altered (with the ending sequence being horribly laggish) and the water in Tidal Tempest Zone is clear instead of green. I'm quite happy with sticking with my PC version.

Can't you people make up your minds!

"Oh boy! Sonic CD!"
"NO GREEN WATER? THIS IS BULL****!!!"

It isn't 'polished' in the least. Would you call a water block with a missing colormap polished?

Bigboi said:
Fixed.

Colormap-less water for a water block is acceptable, depending on the texture used. If it's more or less designed to look clear, then so be it. If it's the standard water texture, that's just lame. Regardless, Tidal Tempest loses a lot of personality without the colored water, but even still, it's not a major loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back