Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I hate is how people are complaining about the game being dark. They are acting like this is the first time that something non-kiddie happened to disney.

The people who think that should look back to Disney movies like Fantasia where they had hell with the demons. When Fantasia came out in the 1950's it gave kids nightmares.

Most of these arguments are coming from parents... Just 'cuz it says Disney doesn't mean you can ignore the rating. They're there for a reason.

Hmm... Oswald as the big bad guy? Boy, I don't know if that's true, but it sure has me excited! I would like to see Disney use him in some form since they got him back recently.

Jacy said:
The thing I hate is how people are complaining about the game being dark. They are acting like this is the first time that something non-kiddie happened to disney.

The people who think that should look back to Disney movies like Fantasia where they had hell with the demons. When Fantasia came out in the 1950's it gave kids nightmares.

Most of these arguments are coming from parents... Just 'cuz it says Disney doesn't mean you can ignore the rating. They're there for a reason.

:D

huh. my grandmother said it was the '50s. oh well still th same argument.

Chisuun said:
Because most people associate Mickey Mouse with "The Happiest Place on Earth."

Well, that was turned down when kingdom hearts came out....

Oh, and the Mickey Mouse clubhouse(I watch it) doesn't help either...

And some people are still trying to create controversy over kingdom hearts, it is just not that much though.

GREG THE CAT said:
Wow... Fantasia was in the 40s?

Why do people have such a problem with a dark Mickey Mouse game then?

Not just the 40's.... 1940 itself :D

Sorry, I'm a classic cartoon/movie nut.

Right in 1940? Wow....

Still... it's been a long time since I saw Fantasia. What part was it that scared the crap out of little kids?

GREG THE CAT said:
Right in 1940? Wow....

Still... it's been a long time since I saw Fantasia. What part was it that scared the crap out of little kids?

The segment right before the last, A Night on Bald Mountain.

It has Chernabog waking the dead for the night as they dance in hellfire and tormented by Chernabog. My personal favorite.

Well.... This is good.

Seriously Funny from SMS said:

Also.... We have someone with ideas.

KtotheAce from SMS said:
ya know, I always wondered what a dark disney concept would be.
and since i heard of this game a couple weeks ago or so.... holy crap I can't wait to play this thing!
hopefully the scenes are nightmarish enough to show Bambi's mom as a graceful yet bloodthirsty bio-mechanical zombie with nails for teeth; what Dumbo would look like as a corpse-turned-robot with that Timothy fella' acting as his cloaked worshipper to say real messed up stuff as threats to society; and Huey, Dewey & Louie as conjoined heads attached to a robot practically out of H.R. Giger's dreams - and when they all talk they sound like a combination of Mark Twain's "Mysterious Stranger," The Angel of Death, and Frank from Donnie Darko
oh, and for the heck of it, Winnie the Pooh with Joker-style stitches and skeletons of the Cinderella mice in his honey pot instead of honey while carrying the heads of Piglet and Tigger attached to chains that he could wear around his neck
that'd be sweet

I could've sworn that the antagonists of the game were the lesser known and/or forgotten Disney characters. Bambi's mother isn't exactly an obsolete character.

Another forum said:
An excerpt from Eurogamer about the game:
"Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.

Our source told us Epic Mickey is a game about thinking and artwork - laterally considering your environment in order to overcome puzzles.

On top of that is a healthy dose of exploration, plus Mickey will be getting "his first makeover in years". "That's why no one's seen his face yet," our source explained, "But he's far more retro than you've seen him for years."

Well..... Thoughts?

And some people are still trying to create controversy over kingdom hearts, it is just not that much though.

A character dies or gets sealed away in every game though.. :<
(Yes, I'm late)

Anyways, how do we know its going to so dark? It could be just fooling us with the concept art.

That type of cop-out would ruin the basic appeal of this game: A dark perspective of the Disney properties that hasn't been seen yet. That said, I'm rather disappointed that the steam-punk influenced concept art hasn't yet been expanded upon.

That type of cop-out would ruin the basic appeal of this game: A dark perspective of the Disney properties that hasn't been seen yet. That said, I'm rather disappointed that the steam-punk influenced concept art hasn't yet been expanded upon.
Those monsters might be coming back sooner than we think. After all, today's announcement on their website could contain.... dare I say it... Screenshots.

Oh crap. What now?

http://www.unseen64.net/2009/09/28/epic-mickey-wii-concept/

New concept art was leaked. Phantom Blot related concept art.

Angel_fallen
angel_fallen.jpg

Phantom-blot-1

phantom-blot-1.jpg

Phantom_Blot_Infusion (Wait, did I read that right? Infusion?)

phantom_blot_infusion.jpg

You can thank the people of SEGA MB for bringing my attention to this new concept art. Aren't they just wonderful little abominations? Makes you want to rip your brain out, shove it though a pitchfork and eat it raw. Then rip yourself limb from limb, replacing your body parts with all sorts of robot arms and devices.. And then-- *taken back to the asylum.*

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=299980&page=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back