Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank god. I think, SRB2, still Works, on Windows 10. This is the best thing ever! Aleluia!

It's been a while since I installed windows 10. I liked it, mostly because every single driver was compatible on the go. The OS boots up fast (About 18 seconds to boot up, 5 seconds to go into sleep mode). But again, this is my personal experience. I Haven't tried Cortana yet since it's unavailable in my country. Only thing that bugs me is the fact that the battery drains a bit faster than before. Edge is okay, it still freezes a bit just like Internet Explorer and it hasn't got AdBlock plugin yet. Overall, it's a very good Operating System, and just to end it up with a cherry on a pie, it's free.

Windows 10 is Microsoft spyware, I don't trust it. Everything done on Edge is sent to the government.
I downgraded just cause I don't like the idea of being spied on.

It doesn't matter whether you use Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10, you're being spied anyways. If you really want to avoid being spied you shouldn't be using the internet in the first place.
And besides: Who on earth uses Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer anyways?

It doesn't matter whether you use Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10, you're being spied anyways. If you really want to avoid being spied you shouldn't be using the internet in the first place.
And besides: Who on earth uses Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer anyways?

Windows XP user here

Everything done on... what? That's an absurd notion.

What's more accurate is that Microsoft is attempting to synchronise with the Windows Phone 10 device you probably don't have, and that governments with legitimate warrants can look at that. Which is kind of shitty, but not the same thing as being sent directly from browser to government.

Chrome, IE10/11 and one of the default Firefox extensions do exactly the same thing, by the way.

You do know that it's possible to change your privacy settings do you?
Also if you're really concerned about your privacy, I'd recommend making a local account instead of a Microsoft account

It is very easy to stop most telemetry at the gate by using a local account instead of an MS one, yes. For as many issues as I have with Windows 10, privacy controls over non-personal data aren't one of them. They really shouldn't obfuscate some of those options, but they're there nonetheless.

Really, more of my issues come from Microsoft "accidentally" shoving Windows 10 upgrades down Windows 7 or 8 users' throats. 10 still has early launch bugs and compatibility issues that need to be addressed before most home computers or laptops should upgrade to it, if not it being better to wait until well after the "free upgrade" window to be sure their PCs can make a smooth transition.

For that reason, I like my Windows 8 install the way it is, and I'm glad I haven't been nagged once to upgrade to Windows 10. I would be so infuriated if my PC booted up with a different, broken OS without my consent, (and it has happened to a lot of people lately.) that I'd install Linux indiscriminately on everything.

At least they won't be able to get away with this past July next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back