Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games purchased on steam are saved to your account, not your computer. You are free to install the game on as many computers as you like as long as you can access your account.

Actually, that will also happen if you buy games in stores: I bought an Orange Box and the same happened.

Difference is, you gotta put a code delivered with the game itself to register it to Steam.

Actually, that will also happen if you buy games in stores: I bought an Orange Box and the same happened.

Difference is, you gotta put a code delivered with the game itself to register it to Steam.

That's only with games that usually require Steam. If there's a game that runs on Steam but doesn't require it, then you can't really add it to Steam other than Non-Steam game mode. For example, Spore and Star Wars: KotOR.

But now we're getting offtopic. :D

I don't see why it matters what site you go to for stuff like that. If it doesn't say "RUMOR" in the headline with "anonymous trustworthy source" at the end, you're probably safe.

TSSZ is not a news site. It is a tabloid site maintained by a terrible person. I've discussed this multiple times in depth before, and such site should not be supported in any way. There are plenty of other sites where you could have gotten this info, and the fact that you chose TSSZ of all places is a terrible decision. It is a place that should not be receiving any hits at all. It may have news, but so do far more honest places run by people that arn't Tristan "Oliver" Bresnen.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sonic Anniversary: Real.

CS Homing attack in 3DS version: Real.

Saying Elise had visible nipples in Sonic 06: Not Real.

Saying a fangame was canceled due to a single screenshot and piling up as many fake reasons as possible for it: Not Real.

Also let's not forget that "Oliver" is also known for directly copypasting forum posts and saying they are news "First @ TSSZ", making him just as credible as a random 10 year old on the SEGA forums. I still wouldn't trust a damn thing he says. He is no journalist by any extent. He writes Tabloids, and nothing more.

Oh. Well, thanks for the info, D00D.

I won't post links to TSSZ unless they're screenshots (REAL screenshots) that no other site has yet. Better yet, I should just post where the screenshots came from.

Saying Elise had visible nipples in Sonic 06: Not Real.

Saying a fangame was canceled due to a single screenshot and piling up as many fake reasons as possible for it: Not Real.
Didn't someone send Tristen a model of Elise (the tipper didn't know it was edited for a modeling program iirc) so it wasn't entirely his fault?

@Tyler52 - Right on the ball with the homing attack issue. I remember TSSZNews confirming some levels + homing attack but everyone kept ignoring it due to it being TSSZNews. (even on here - Certain individuals said it was a glitch when it was shown on a Nintendo 3DS trailer)

I won't post links to TSSZ unless they're screenshots (REAL screenshots) that no other site has yet. Better yet, I should just post where the screenshots came from.
I guess we should just not post TSSZ links at all. I'm sure other sites would have picked up on the screens sooner or later.

I guess we should just not post TSSZ links at all. I'm sure other sites would have picked up on the screens sooner or later.
I would absolutely prefer this. I think a bunch of you simply don't understand the reasoning behind our hatred of TSSZ, so I guess it's time for a minor history lesson as well as an explanation of why Tristan's so hated in the Sonic community.

First thing's first: Tristan is not a reporter. His web site has a professional look and feel, but at the end of the day TSSZ is simply one Sonic fan's blog. This means that his original reporting is the same as if I came out here and told you some magical information about upcoming Sonic games citing an "anonymous source". You wouldn't believe me, right? Any page on TSSZ that doesn't have a linked, cited source isn't to be trusted because it's just the ramblings of some dude on the internet.

Some of you have pointed out times he's been right and wrong in the past, and I really think that's besides the point. The reason you don't want to link TSSZ as a source is because Tristan does not use proper rigor to check if his sources are legitimate. To make matters worse, it's been proven time and time again that Tristan is extremely easy to troll and fool with false news stories, such as the aforementioned fangame report that was based on an entirely bullshit conversation in an IRC channel where the entirety of it was people making random facts up, laughing at the facts, and making fun of Tristan. Anyone with any common sense would have immediately figured out that the story was a complete hoax, but he's so concerned with being first that he never even takes the time to think that just possibly he's having his leg pulled. You shouldn't post anything on TSSZ as fact because nobody checked to see if it was true. Tristan's basic game plan is to rapid-fire articles as fast as he can and hope that the majority of them are true, making up shit to fill in the blanks in his story as he goes.

To make matters even worse, Tristan has had an extremely long history of reporting on things that are absolutely unacceptable as something to post as news, such as forum drama, personal lives, and many other things that would better fit on the front page of a supermarket tabloid. Classic examples are when SFGHQ instituted a rule requiring English, or many examples of Retro forum drama posted in a tone that is only going to aggravate the problem even more. This is of course made even worse by his tendency to simply make things up when there are holes in the story. I still remember how insanely insulted I was when he came running to the SRB2 community at the first sign that we were having internal drama. He didn't care whatsoever about our project in any way until something occurred that could possibly be seen as internal strive, and the instant he saw that he was there like a vulture at a corpse. He didn't get any information out of us and therefore was unable to write his inevitable article about the internal drama of a fan game development team, but I have absolutely no doubt that if he got ANYTHING out of us he would have been writing an unsourced article about our glorious drama and personal lives. The insane lack of respect for his fellow man that this demonstrates is just beyond my personal comprehension. Hence, as a person I want you not to visit his site at all just so such a person doesn't obtain any hits or advertising revenue.

Obviously, I can't prevent you from visiting his site if you really want to, but understand that you're viewing the ramblings of a Sonic fan with a really professional-looking web site, and they shouldn't be taken as anything BUT ramblings of some random dude on the internet unless he provides a trustworthy, outside citation. THIS is why you aren't to use TSSZ as a source, and please stop trying to use TSSZ links in the future.

Better yet, I should just post where the screenshots came from.
This is EXACTLY it. Check his source and post his source as a link! You'll avoid us explaining how TSSZ is not a source YET AGAIN and also provide traffic to a much more worthy web site. If he doesn't provide a source, it's likely his own speculation, and while it's entirely possible he's right, I could make shit up and be right a certain percentage of the time as well.

I personally think that we should just make a script that appends TSSZ IS NOT A SOURCE to any threads discussing a new Sonic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back