Brak Eggman v2 (brakeggman.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Ever wanted to wreak havoc on innocent crawlas? Is being a supergiant your thing?

Brak Eggman is all that and more! 4 times larger than the average Sonic, the giant titan robot has the ability to destroy anything in his path with any landing he makes whatsoever! His extreme size also allows him to jump mountains with ease... but there are some, ahem, side affects to this super-size. Find out for yourselves~

srb20009.gif

A few warnings: Currently not the best of ideas switching to another skin after selecting Brak Eggman mid-level, this isn't currently supported yet. Also probably not a good idea to use objectplace at all with him either.

Version 2 (30th March 2014) is now available!!

Changelog:
*Skin switching and objectplace have both been fixed in one with new improved (and less convoluted) scale handling code! =D
*New attacks for Brak (based on 2.0 Brak attacks) using custom buttons:
--Custom Button #1: Turns on/off Cannonball attack mode, sadly firing distance is not adjustable currently
--Custom Button #2: Turns on/off Goop Gun attack mode, for rapid firing goop at players (doesn't work on enemies)
--Custom Button #3: Fires spikey missiles! You cannot grab onto your own missiles though.
* New sprites specifically for doing the new attacks, unfortunately yet to be cleaned up as Senku is currently absent for some reason. =S

Version 2.1 (31st March 2014) Patch patch patch patch!

Changelog:
*Fixed a minor issue with how it was possible for certain vital custom vars to be nil (probably adding brak's file midlevel or something)
*Brak's missile and goop were twice as large as they should be, this is sorted now. (Yes I'm fussy about these things)

Version 2.2 (18th January 2017) Patch for 2.1.17

Changelog:
*Fixed #mobjinfo error for 2.1.17

Attachments

• brakeggman.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,160
Last edited:
Completely impractical, goofy, and somehow even larger than himself if you load into his arena.

I love it. It's hilarious.

Definitely goofy. Trying this out now, and having a total blast :P
How many of the bad guys do you plan on making playable? Because playing as a Crawla Commander or a Buzz would be fun... ;)

So i tried to change character while I was Brak Eggman. I thought "Nothing can go wro..."
Oh my GOD.

Attachments

• srb20022.jpg
    srb20022.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 2,792
  • srb20025.jpg
    srb20025.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,291
  • srb20024.jpg
    srb20024.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,698
Just tried it, and I love it. Its hilarious, powerful (gotta love that hurt sound), but there is one problem. He can't beat the first level. He is too big to get in the cave :o.

Well, quite fun to play this character during the last fight, espicially because you can cross the barrer that is supposed to prevent you from falling.
Also, can't the shield be bigger? because only the legs are protected.

Attachments

• srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    168 KB · Views: 2,019
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 2,826
Well, quite fun to play this character during the last fight, espicially because you can cross the barrer that is supposed to prevent you from falling.
Also, can't the shield be bigger? because only the legs are protected.
Well, the sprites are larger than the shield's size, just like Knuckle's head clips the shield, or Sonic's spines, or Tails's tails... Is it me, or are the actual shield's too small for anyone?

Thank you for demonstrating that character wad scaling is possible now. You have no idea how long I've wanted this.

Let me know if you ever find a way to have it scale you back to normal when you change characters. (Not that giant Sonic isn't awesome.) You'd think there'd be some way to make a statement that basically tells the game if your skin does not equal 'metalrobotnik' to scale to 100.

Yeah, it's definitely doable in Lua, I just haven't done it yet, since my scaling part of the Lua script is a bit inefficient right now and probably needs a redo anyway. =P

Haha, this is great. It almost feels criminal that Robotnik can even get damaged in this form. What would be even better is if he had access to different ringslinger weaponry, like the bombs and flamethrower in the final level.

Yeah, though this brak is actually based on the older one from 2.0, which means he's now two times larger than THAT brak if you play him in ERZC.

That animated GIF just made my day. Is it doubling his jump height too or is the first person perspective just messing with me?

This is the best thing that's come out of 2.1's new features! Watching that thing tower over the whole map is hilarious, I can see it opening a lot of doors for bigger than average characters. (Maybe not at Brak's size, but you get the idea. =P)

Spidy brak, super brak, etc, Brak Eggman is so fun in match and CTF, you can just stomp across the map like a boss, but I am sad his shockwave attack does not hurt players :P

You still didn't change the walking sound around to like I suggested. Using the non-springy sounding one for normal walking for both feet, and when he has 0 rings he'd use the current walking sounds he does springy for one, normal for the other, heck throw in the sparks from the final boss when he has 0 rings just as cosmetic and make his normalspeed or acceleration slower till he gets a ring. Again these are all just suggestions I'd love to see added. :<

I figured out how to fix the skin changing since I wanted to have that fixed before I used the code in one of my own wads. I am so proud of myself, you have no idea.
srb20001.gif

Here's the code I added. I've no doubt parts of it are pointless but it works and that's all I really care about.
Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", do
	for player in players.iterate
		if player.mo and player.mo.skin ~= "metalrobotnik"
			if player.playerstate == PST_LIVE
				if not player.scalelater
					player.scalelater = 2
				elseif player.scalelater == 2
					P_SetScale(player.mo, 1*player.mo.destscale)
					player.mo.destscale = 65536
					player.scalelater = 1
				end

if player.mo.scale != player.mo.destscale and not player.scalechecked
					player.mo.destscale = 65536
					player.scalechecked = true
				elseif player.mo.scale == player.mo.destscale and player.scalechecked
					player.scalechecked = false
				end

else
				player.scalelater = 0
			end
		end
	end
end)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back