• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blue Mountain and Doomship (Soulpack beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decided to cut the link since it doesn't result in anyone reviewing it.

Ritz: Provoked comment.

Soul: Defends self/gets warned.

Everyone: It's not Ritz's fault.

Ritz: Says it needs to have screenshots for him to say anything after DLing (I'm assuming because you said not downloading because you're lazy meaning you'd download it and review it. Why else would you download it then?) Then doesn't say anything to guide me in level design.

I don't hate you Ritz, but goddamn you.

Last edited:
The start of Blue Mountain Zone looks actually pretty good, but, to do a kind of tiny rope texture in the middle of the first ices, is little ruin it, and also, after the part of the ices, I got stuck in a place that maybe only tails and knuckles can pass... So, there are some things that you need to fix according to what I said.

Never mind, I got what to do..

This thing has so many pits, it makes it unplayable. Please make there be less pits.
The gimmicks are good, but not going so well when you're always hoping over pits for them. For right now, I would say the pits are the worst thing of this so far. Please fix that.

Last edited:
2je79yq.png

Also, it's very hard to look what you need to do here, I didn't notice what I need to do here yet...

Well, but other than that, I think Doomship Zone looks good...

Last edited:
@Ritz: Yeah sorry I don't make amazing shit like this game has to offer. You don't have to reply, man.

@Lilac: Thanks for downloading, and I'll def make less pits next time.

@Manimi: I'll try to make sure to make it all playable with all characters if that's what you want.

Welp this didn't seem to do so well. Got 1 asshole, and 2 miniature reviews. Now I know not to do this.

No need to be sour about it Soul the Wolf, what Ritz probably should have pointed out rather than making a witty quip lightly touching on it was that some people aren't going to download your wad if they don't have screenshots of what the levels themselves look like.

That's got to be the most ridiculous warning I've ever gotten in my life. Sorry though, I did get a little carried away. I just doubt that Ritz was being a little light on his sarcasm. But thanks for letting me know about my mistake.

Actually you know what, fuck it. That wasn't my mistake. He literally could've politely asked for something done and you go and stick up for him by saying it's a witty quip. And that wasn't flaming what he did was provoke me which is an insult in its own different way. You have this backwards, man.

Last edited:
Updated the op's link for the newer version with no death pits. How's this one Lilac if you'd not mind giving me a quick yes or no.

Edit: This version has a way where you don't get stuck from the wind current

Last edited:
The download link has been removed. Just repost it, And I'll play it.
Edit: Never mind.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Ok, It's much better. Though the ropes in Blue Mountain Zone and pretty hard to grab. (Though that doesn't really matter.)
And Doomship Zone, it's much better, but once you're inside the ship, I don't think Sonic can make it. So I had to switch to Tails. Another glitch is that in the 2D part of Doomship Zone, The teleporter would not work. But it's been improved from earlier, And that's all I gotta say.
Also, Is Blue Mountain Zone finished?

@Lilac: No both levels were far from finished, and I don't know how to continue them or whether I should as I didn't get a lot of feedback from people.

Could you please just post screenshots? Ritz came off as rude but he does have a point. You're limiting your audience and potential feedback by forcing people to have to download your wad.

EDIT:

Oh okay you updated the topic. nice.

Sometimes its best to actually do the level before asking opinions on it, trust me, you WILL get unmotivated getting the wrong opinions to finish the level. So just shut up and get on it. (Pls don't kill meh salt ;-;)

That's got to be the most ridiculous warning I've ever gotten in my life. Sorry though, I did get a little carried away. I just doubt that Ritz was being a little light on his sarcasm. But thanks for letting me know about my mistake.

Actually you know what, fuck it. That wasn't my mistake. He literally could've politely asked for something done and you go and stick up for him by saying it's a witty quip. And that wasn't flaming what he did was provoke me which is an insult in its own different way. You have this backwards, man.
I don't know what else to tell you, dude. What kind of signals do you think you're sending your audience in regards to your level of craftsmanship when you can't muster the basic effort to include some screenshots, because you're "lazy"? That tells me you don't care- and if you don't, how could anyone else? As a creative, you only ever really get one shot to sell your product. That first impression is the time you need to be giving it 100%.

Now that you've updated, I can at least say that's a pretty cool looking skybox. 2 screenshots minimum if you really want downloads, though.

@Speedwagon: Glad you like the screenshot.

@Ritz: Sorry for calling you an asshole. I'm gonna upload more screenshots, but I don't think you'll be impressed to be honest.

Last edited:
@Sapheros: I make a lot of things that people have a hard time understanding so it's better for me when I ask the audience what they prefer instead.

This will be the final update, as I think I now know what I should/shouldn't do for these levels. If people would like to give more opinions on them that'd be great.

Last edited:
Ok, may I say the newly made update might be worse then the old update? I don't want to discourage you, But whatever happened to the 2D part of Doomship Zone? Without it, the level spirals into chaos, making the only way to get to the "end" of the level is by using tails. The 2D no longer works, And makes the fact that I can walk on Lava with no harm strange. Until the lava damages me over and over, only to know that the level can't even be finished by tails. Also, something I need to stress is you need to make the grab for the ropes in BMZ have a bigger radius, because it's hard to grab on the beginning ones.
I hope you fix this, and I'll let you know I'm always open to be your beta tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back