Cats Don't Dance FanGame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggybank

Alright, let me get my thoughts sorted out.

Okay, that's better :)

Recently, I have been working on a rather ambitious project in Game Maker (duh), simply dubbed so far as Cats Don't Dance FanGame.

Now, you probably have questions on if anything's been done on this or why cats don't dance. You could Google it, or just go to this handy page I set up with the project: http://www.kalmarworld.com/Viewer.aspx?type=Nick&id=69.

Oh, and here's a picture for those who are too stubborn to follow a link.

screenshot104.bmp

(Sorry for it being in .bmp, I'm a bit squeezed on time making this post to convert it.)

Anyway, as you can see with this it's taken a Christmas sort of turn in production, as I figured I could try having another build of the game out by December, if I'm lucky. Right now you can download an Engine Test, but I can assure you most of the little things in that build have been fixed. :)

So, why am I telling a Sonic fangame community about this? Well, as you can see in the pic, the backgrounds and scenery stink real bad. Which is where I figured you all could come in.

We need someone to draw backgrounds and scenery for this thing, as I know I would love any and all help I can get. The ground has been built in blocks of 80x80 pixels, and it can vary from there although I'd love to keep it around there too.

Am I forgetting anything? If you have any opinions, comments, questions or whatnot, just reply to this post.

Why the hell is he in a winter environment? Shouldn't he be in Hollywood? IIRC, that's where the movie takes place.

The physics engine isn't too good. I frequently got stuck to walls. There's no acceleration, and you turn back and forth literally instantly.

Bigboi: Yes, you're totally right, he should be in Hollywood. However, I wanted to focus on designing the engine and figuring out a sort-of streamlined easy way of designing the other worlds, which would infact be movie sets. So, I thought I would try a Xmas edition just to show off the new engine, give the CDD community a little present and help get the project off the ground and moving.

Kyasarin: I'm happy to say that I fixed the wall-clinging problem recently, so that shouldn't be present later on. As for friction, I don't know why I didn't try putting that in yet, so I'll try to implement that when I can. I was thinking of putting in some ice where I know that's gonna be a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back