Invalid GFZ1 fails to spawn certain map objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
I came across this bug when I was trying to get something to properly work in one of my executable modifications. Surely enough I thought I broke something, however this seems to be the case as this happens in the Vanilla (un-modified) SRB2 executable.

Perhaps this bug is better explained with images? I think so.

To test my theroy, I tried placing a bomb ring somewhere in GFZ1.
augh.png
Another image in Doom Builder 2, courtesy of BlazingPhoenix.
bombringgfz1.png

Now comes the in-game fun! I added the map in game and warped to it (Using the command of "map map01 -force"; no map header information was placed in this map AFAIK). I was presented with nothing being there.
srb20088.png
Upon closer inspection, no map object of any kind existed there, despite me adding it to the map.
srb20089.png
I feel the need to state this before I move any further. I know that these two screenshots were taken in separate game modes. However this shouldn't deter from the fact that this map object does not spawn at all. This was originally found through one of my modifications which can be conveniently found on the SRB2MODS SVN server. The images explaining this are shown below.

Here, you can see that I have 'placed' a bomb. The stage is GFZ1.
srb20084.png
After a short time of waiting, the bomb is supposed to explode, however I am presented with nothing more than this. I'm wondering where my explosion is?
srb20085.png

How is this explosion supposed to work? The following images were taken in Meadow Match Zone (MMZ) (MAP99).
Here, we can see a bomb being planted in a corner of Meadow Match Zone.
srb20086.png
Then after a short time of waiting, I'm presented with success!
srb20087.png
This leads me to believe that there is definitely some type if issue happening in GFZ1. Doing the SAME test in GFZ2 yeilds the same results as testing it Meadow Match Zone.

Is this intentional? If it is, I could probably see why. Otherwise, this is probably some odd oversight I have come across.

You can most certainly try this out for yourself if you wish.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/be21t9

EDIT:

Seems like I've received word that weapon rings don't spawn in single player. But that doesn't seem to explain the screenshot I had showcased where I was in the match gametype. I decided to modify my theroy so it makes use of the Castle Eggman Zone 2 (CEZ2) Torch object.
aughsw.png
Again, yeilding the same results.
srb20090.png
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6h75a

Last edited by a moderator:
srb20104.png

Whatever it is, Flame, it's your own fault.

EDIT: It's actually you setting, of all things, the object flip flag on the torch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back