1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assumed it was possible, though the feature might've been broken in 1.08.

In fact, it looks like such a feature doesn't even EXIST in 1.08. Oh well, no big loss.

I found this strange bug: I was testing a WAD that I'm doing for SADX (yes, FuryHunter and JetKrazy, I'm doing a WAD, specifically a multiplayer deathmatch map)... I have a bomb and then the time is out (this is, I lose the bomb after the well known 30 seconds). Then, some seconds after, I touch a torch, losing all my rings... and droping a bomb ring!!! I catch it and it haves 26 seconds... I haven't get more bombs, so how is this possible?

There's the oddest bug in Software mode on my Intel Extreme Graphics 2 based laptop. In software mode, after some time, the screen will reverse colors. Re-selecting the video mode will fix it but it's kind of annoying to have to set it. every 5 minutes.

That happens randomly for most people, but I've never heard of it consistantly happening. You can stop it with Alt+Tab as well. I only see that bug once every few months, though.

I believe it occurs when the game's palette doesn't properly load or something.

madcrow said:
There's the oddest bug in Software mode on my Intel Extreme Graphics 2 based laptop. In software mode, after some time, the screen will reverse colors. Re-selecting the video mode will fix it but it's kind of annoying to have to set it. every 5 minutes.

That used to happen to me.

Mystic said:
That happens randomly for most people, but I've never heard of it consistantly happening. You can stop it with Alt+Tab as well. I only see that bug once every few months, though.

I believe it occurs when the game's palette doesn't properly load or something.
The only time when it happened was when Windows changed the palette because other program has opened by itself... That must be the problem... But it's more a Windows bug than a SRB2 bug, really...

The only major bug that I have is a lot of times I can't use OpenGL because it kicks me out and says 'Couldn't set video mode 2 (640x400, 16 bits)". Sometimes, it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Weird.

SRB2 will randomly give me a "SRB2 Recursive Error: DC1" from time to time and it'll totally corrupt SRB2 which means reinstallation, power shut down, disconnection and a whole bunch of other crap before I can get SRB2 back.

As I've pointed out in the "ARGH NUUUU" thread, my computer specs should be more than capable of running this....

When I try to play OGL, it sends gamedata.dat through the shredder. Good thing I make regular backups of gamedata.dat, or I'd be toast.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
The only major bug that I have is a lot of times I can't use OpenGL because it kicks me out and says 'Couldn't set video mode 2 (640x400, 16 bits)". Sometimes, it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Weird.
Do you remember the thing that I said about OpenGL compatibility between newer drivers and hardware render?

The only problem I have with OpenGL is that instead of fading into another screen, it flashes between the two. Once the fade effect is supposed to stop, everything turns normal though.

EvilCowSlayer said:
The only problem I have with OpenGL is that instead of fading into another screen, it flashes between the two. Once the fade effect is supposed to stop, everything turns normal though.

Same thing happens to me. :eek:

Likewise.

Sik said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
Do you remember the thing that I said about OpenGL compatibility between newer drivers and hardware render?
Nope. Care to remind me? =P

EvilCowSlayer said:
Open the main menu when the screen is fading (I'm talking about software mode) and you'll see the same problem (SRB2 can't manage both fade and shadowing of entire screen at the same time).

Despite the flashing, it still looks a lot better than software. Dark areas are slightly brighter too.

Edit: That's a good thing.

After the camera goes 10,922 fracunits away from the player (with cam_dist), then it acts like cam_dist 0.

This is a MAJOR bug in Rex, because Rex has a range up to 32,000 fracunits. No fair. Also, SRB2 itself has a limit up to 8,388,609 fracunits.

Please, PLEASE fix it in 1.09!

Heres one for ya :P

Bluejinjo showed me this one, and in my opinion, its really cool :D.

Ok, goto map map90, ok? ok.

You gotta have 2 people for this one. if you dont, just do splitscreen.
Have somebody be tails and somebody sonic. Have them both be at the highest spot on the level.
Then, have tails fly and sonic grab on. after a while, you will see that, for some odd reason, tails will be walking on what appears to be an invisible floor, sonic still holding on. Now, if sonic jumps off, tails will jump off too.

Screenshot coming, just hold on...
EDIT: damn it, cant seem to recreate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back