Color Texting Outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elk

Known as Penigal
While I've starting playing online once again, I've noticed color texters are almost everywhere. They're found in all most every server. It seems as if a fellow user has been spreading the secret to color texting. It's a large outbreak in the community, thanks to some ignorant users who haven't thought the consiquences through.

Also, just a question, wasn't color texting made by Flame?

I have seen color texting as well, although I coulden't figure out what it was. So far, I've only seen servers with colored texting. It would really help if they actually shown the gimmick on the SRB2MB...

Yes and guess who told them? yup one of the echidnas hes name is "fists the echidna" he told everyone how to do it then we made up rumor of colored text being banned by developers and the one that will use it will get banned until next version comes out the rumor is still working but i think it will not last forever

"Secret"?

All it is is tossing a character from the range of 0x80 to 0x87 into your text through a script or other source.

Yes, that's right, I just mentioned the "secret" out in public, to the entire MB. Deal with it, I was going to do that months ago but never got around to it.

Addendum: If you're not sure what I mean, look here. Scroll down to where it says "0x80" on the third column (0x80 is the reset code, aka white text), then copy the character on the far left of that row and paste it into your script.

Last edited:
...and how do you do that?

Addendum: If you're not sure what I mean, look here. Scroll down to where it says "0x80" on the third column (0x80 is the reset code, aka white text), then copy the character on the far left of that row and paste it into your script.
THIS PAGE IS BLOCKED.

Oh well..............

Last edited:
Yes and guess who told them? yup one of the echidnas hes name is "fists the echidna" he told everyone how to do it then we made up rumor of colored text being banned by developers and the one that will use it will get banned until next version comes out the rumor is still working but i think it will not last forever

Especially when I stated on the MS page that it isn't.

Such "secrets" are just secrets for you as long as you don't know to "read" the source code (specially considering an open source code game).

When I started to see people going mad at "LOL colored texts. I haz 'em. u dont", I thought I could find this "secret" in the source code. I had already found something like 0x100 and other char codes, but nothing I could say "That's it!".

Seems I was fairly close to discover it there, by myself.

I can't wait for 2.0.5, mainly to fix those emeralds in walls and colored text not working. Why would it ckick? Can't you just make the text...white? >_>;

Kitsune, the second one takes more coding and doesn't give off an aura of "you're not allowed to do this" like just ckicking someone.

犬夜叉;654850 said:
"Secret"?

All it is is tossing a character from the range of 0x80 to 0x87 into your text through a script or other source.
I did that. I tried with ANSI encoding once, the color(and the character)didn't appear. I did the same thing with unicode. Then it said Unknown command S

"OOOH IT'S A SECRET OH MY GOD THEY ARE TELLING TO EVERONE WE BETTER START SPREADING RUMURS"
Hey, I have news for you. You're on the internet. If somebody knows something it's likely to not be a secret for long. Oh hey, you guys somehow thought you are superior for knowing how to write in colored text? Guess what, you're not.

Lol, secrets. Is color texting going to be removed in 2.0.5? I seriously doubt it will, but will it? ^_~

Well colored text is impossible to remove only way is:
1.removing /me command
2.deleting colored names in team match\ctf
3.and deleting source code i think

so yeah i guess ckick would be better

uuuhhh, deleting the whole source code? That seems overkill.
Seriously though, if it can be written ingame, there is most likely a way to prevent it from being written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back