Should Super Forms be in Single Player/Coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urge to force forceskin sonic in race... rising...

In case you don't get it, it's assumed that everyone that plays race is smart enough to change to Sonic, since... uh, DUH, he's the fastest character in the game by a longshot. Of course, we forgot about the complete lack of common sense in the world today, which is what's causing all these damned complaints over something like this.

Sheesh, people.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Matt on this one. Even I say that forceskin should be used...at times.

Now, to give an opinion, I'd like to see levels where even Tails and Knuckles would be useful. Other then the toxic map in race map and Aerial Garden Zone, it seems that Sonic has the best advantage. This is why I sometimes pray that someone, in this GOD for saking world, make a map with all characters having some sort of advantage.

The good idea, and I'll repeat it again for everyone's reminder, is to make a Pandora's Box option to allow all characters to go Super in Single Player/Cooperative mode.

I guess that can make me happy enough

I have to agree with Matt on this one. Even I say that forceskin should be used...at times.

Now, to give an opinion, I'd like to see levels where even Tails and Knuckles would be useful. Other then the toxic map in race map and Aerial Garden Zone, it seems that Sonic has the best advantage. This is why I sometimes pray that someone, in this GOD for saking world, make a map with all characters having some sort of advantage.

Why there isn't any level like that?

In case you don't get it, it's assumed that everyone that plays race is smart enough to change to Sonic, since... uh, DUH, he's the fastest character in the game by a longshot. Of course, we forgot about the complete lack of common sense in the world today, which is what's causing all these damned complaints over something like this.

This is just a shot in the dark here, but maybe people play as a specific character in that gametype because they like playing as that character. Not that the characters or gametypes should be altered for that specific reason, but people aren't necessarily idiots for insisting on playing as Tails or Knuckles in a gametype they aren't suited well in.

I think they SHOULD be...except for Tails. Tails can only go super with the Super Emeralds (already said a few posts before this one), but I also disagree with Chaos Emeralds in combat modes. Let's take this example:

You're already getting owned by a person bad (or the other team), and then they get the chaos emeralds. They transform, and the result is ABSOLUTE, UTTER, RAPE. It just isn't fair.

I think they should stay, but instead defaulted to 0 instead of 1. This would also mean the return of the old Allowsuper variable for the S_SKIN, as well as a possible new Superability variable (0 = none, 1 = SS Float, 2 = STails super whirlwind, 3 = Multiglide (if Glide is on))

Apart from that:

Ground the Fox said:
>Originally posted by Elk:

>I have to agree with Matt on this one. Even I say that forceskin should be used...at times.

>Now, to give an opinion, I'd like to see levels where even Tails and Knuckles would be useful. >Other then the toxic map in race map and Aerial Garden Zone, it seems that Sonic has the
>best advantage. This is why I sometimes pray that someone, in this GOD for saking world,
>make a map with all characters having some sort of advantage.

Why there isn't any level like that?

r_heatstreet.wad, anyone?

Last edited:
I think they SHOULD be...except for Tails. Tails can only go super with the Super Emeralds

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess, Tails actually goes super in Match and CTF with the normal emeralds, getting the emeralds makes Tails jump very high like Space Ghost (adult swim joke), you wanna see how Space Ghost Tails jumps high? Yes! He really does! *hits the ceiling then he called his mama* MAMA! MAMA!

Tails: I didn't say mama, I said drama

Wait, that's off topic, well, Tails have a super form in Match/CTF, most of stages are ridiculously to get the emeralds (specially Meadow Match), no, I'm not asking to remove the emeralds, I just thought, why Tails can be super and jump high in Match that is not hard to get the emeralds but he can't go super in Co-op by killing himself through the special stages? That's my opinion, but I'll still be happy with the Pandora's Box idea

...make Super forms toggle on/off for multiplayer, everyone wins.

I agree with him...maybe a superform toggle will be nice and will improove the server no?

So you can switch it to yes/no when you want and then play as player want...

As a player myself I think it is a good idea.

And a bad idea...Owner will maybe use it to kill people.Like turn it off when crossing a huge hole.But this is for realy mean guys.

After what i read, I still want to have super allowed with only character that CAN use it(like shadow,sonic,SMS,Silver,etc)

Knux and tails dont need Super.

That my opinion for now.

After what i read, I still want to have super allowed with only character that CAN use it(like shadow,sonic,SMS,Silver,etc)
And how would you determine which character needs a super form and which not? They can either allow it for all characters or none.

Super in match, CTF, etc. are not very cheap. Usually, within 5 seconds I fire a barrage of auto-rings and they are not super anymore.

So, yes they should be in.

If you go super with Sonic in coop mode then go to setup player and switch to any other character they will be in their super form..........so........super forms are in coop......

If you go super with Sonic in coop mode then go to setup player and switch to any other character they will be in their super form..........so........super forms are in coop......

Not really, they will just revert to their normal form if you choose another character other than Sonic while Super. Besides, we have FuriousFox's Super Monitor WAD, so I don't think we'll need those super forms to be programmed anymore. And beleive me, it isn't as fun as it seems. For screwing around maybe, but other than that, not really.

[Offtopic]Stop using so much dots. >.> Three are enough...[/Offtopic]

Last edited:
Not really, they will just revert to their normal form if you choose another character other than Sonic while Super. Besides, we have FuriousFox's Super Monitor WAD, so I don't think we'll need those super forms to be programmed anymore. And beleive me, it isn't as fun as it seems. For screwing around maybe, but other than that, not really.

[Offtopic]Stop using so much dots. >.> Three are enough...[/Offtopic]

Yeah ... I just tried and apparently it only works with the Super Monitor WAD (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31836).

[Offtopic] Sorry about that ... (BTW that post explained more then you think). [/Offtopic]

Originally Posted by Bobinator
...make Super forms toggle on/off for multiplayer, everyone wins.

True, but you can just add FuriousFox's supermonitor.soc to the server. Although, its a bit cheap considering all you have to do is find a Super Box, but it does give you the ability to become Super inside Coop without Emeralds, And allows you to be super with a character other then Sonic.

True, but you can just add FuriousFox's supermonitor.soc to the server. Although, its a bit cheap considering all you have to do is find a Super Box, but it does give you the ability to become Super inside Coop without Emeralds, And allows you to be super with a character other then Sonic.

If everyone is a super character, then it is not very cheap. Also, there are some edits to the wad that instead of replacing ring monitors, the Super monitors replace invincible monitors. If that isn't good enough: Suddendeath 1 anyone?

super character discussion

Ok I was thinking why in single player have just super sonic. Well in match, alot of characters just become yellow. Well this sometimes means characters that have an ability can go super right. What should happen is frames for the super character. Then you could even have hyper characters change colors. What do you think of these ideas. Talk about your ideas to.

What should happen is frames for the super character. Then you could even have hyper characters change colors. What do you think of these ideas. Talk about your ideas to.
Aren't Sonic's super frames his ability frames? Also, I don't think hyper is being reintroduced, frankly I saw how it was, and it was just OP.
Discuss.

Yes that was, also I support super forms to an extent, I want my superflags idea added, THAT should make super a bit more workable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB5YZM48KFc

Obviously it might need more flags built into it or something.

I have to agree with this. But, it should be up to the mods as to what flags are used for each character.

Actually, I think Superforms should be in COOP, but NOT Single Player.

How many times do you see players who ALL the time played as Knuckles, Tails, or any custom character switch to Sonic ONLY when all the emeralds are there? It's extremely annoying to see everyone switch character to Sonic just because he can now go super. Face it, super isn't anything special. SEGA made it that way, netgames made it that way, the amount of time most of us have been playing this and many other Sonic games made it that way.

In Single Player, you're forced to be Sonic if ya choose his skin, forced to take his challenges. If Tails can go Super THERE, there's no reason to ever play as Sonic and collect the emeralds if you can do it the easy way. In netgames, one way or another, there'll be Tails and Knuckles player switches, setrings, whatever can be done to EASILY get the emeralds, since you don't unlock anything anyways. THEN they'll switch to Sonic since he's the only allowed to go Super.

In Single Player, people should have a motivation to be a harder to use character, since you're forced to be that character for the rest of your quest. You CAN't switch to Tails anytime of the day for 1 second to get past a hard obstacle. Super Sonic IS the motivation for players to be Sonic in the first place.

In netgames, people will be lazy anyhow with the best character. And once Super Sonic is unlocked through easy Tails or Knuckles emerald collecting, they'll simply switch to Sonic for the mere purpose of Super Sonic, not because they're a Sonic player.

I say coop gets a superform for all, and single player maybe a devmode cheat or Pandora's box thingy or something to play around with. Super Sonic isn't that special anymore. SEGA made it that way, the amount of supers in ANY Sonic game made it that way, the amount of time we've seen and been Super by now, and putting Super in match and CTF mode helped to it. It's not making Super Sonic look special by making Super for Sonic-only, it's just making the game feel limited.

In 1P, keep it as reward for playing as a harder character. In anything else, it makes Super Sonic seem LESS special if he's the only one. Imagine 6 Super Sonics in 1 netgame, after all. All thanks to Tails and Knux not having a superform. Real special and rewarding, considering 5 of those players were Tails and Knux ones before.

That is a great point. I would agree that in Single Player that you have to EARN the right to go Super by playing as Sonic. But, those who normally play as Tails and Knuckles who switch to Sonic when all the Emeralds are collected shouldn't have to do so, but they still do.

I... actually kinda agree.

How about the best of both worlds? Add in a new console variable, "allowsuper". Can be set to No, Sonic Only, and All. That way people can define the balance of the game the way they wish.

(Suffice to say, this variable would only take effect in Coop.)

As per before, I have to agree. Heck, this is indeed a good idea, because the host can deside if Super forms are allowed, and if so, if it's just Sonic. And, this is great because this sort of variable would only apply to multiplayer games.

Ok, so what IF Super Forms were to be reintroduced, would it even MATTER? Adding characters counts as modifying the game, so they can't cheat through the game.

Good point. By adding a WAD, you are modifying the game, and it responds by locking cheats.

But now, what I think.

1) Super Forms should be restricted to Sonic and any Match/Team Match/CTF games, unless a character WAD is weak enough that the MODERATORS/ADMINS agree that it should have a Super Form, or is of an established canon character that has a Super Form (Silver, Shadow and Blaze)
2) Super Forms should scale depending on how strong a character is. The weaker the character, the better the Super Form.
3) For normal SRB2, in Single Player, Sonic should be the only one to have a Super Form.
4) The Black Emerald may still be out there... But, ONLY Sonic should have a Hyper Form, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back