Anime Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to only apply to crazy taboo To Catch a Predator shit and stuff that would be able to end with "THE ARISTOCRATS!" It's not a ban, and it's not the end of anime, as much as I would have liked it to have been.

Maybe you should read the articles you want to talk about, lest you look like a pedophile!

After completely reading all of this article and the ones linked to this subject this sounds more like it only applies to adult animes and mangas or ones that go WAY over the border more than other animes and mangas that can hurt minors the ways listed in the article.

It does not sound even close to the end of late night anime to me, it is more like a ban on any type of anime or manga that has to do with pedophilia or any explicit material that is considered taboo or immoral.

But, since the bill was too vague to begin with, no one knew if they were talking about all manga and anime or just anything that is believed to affect minors negatively. I am going to do some more re-reading later still, because in two of the articles it sounded like that the ones involved with the bill's creation are saying that they are trying to make sure minors do not get ahold of any type of explicit content after they recieved the critical response from manga and anime artists.

Last edited:
This seems to only apply to crazy taboo To Catch a Predator shit and stuff that would be able to end with "THE ARISTOCRATS!" It's not a ban, and it's not the end of anime, as much as I would have liked it to have been.

There will always be anime. If 4chan has taught us anything, it's that nothing can stop horny nerds with no social life.

Anyway, this looks like it's only going to affect the most depraved content out there. It might actually reduce the amount of crappy H-doujin floating around, which is fine by me.

Honestly, this is more of a freedom of speech issue than anything else. While most people don't exactly want to see loli guro, the fact that they can make it if they want to means that they have the creative freedom to do interesting things when they want to. I've seen plenty of H-doujinshi that were hysterical beyond words or otherwise extremely well-written, but were certainly offensive by any moral standard you'd like to use. Those kinds of things would be blocked by such legislation.

Of course, the odds are that what will happen is that there will be a major public outcry about this and either the law will get repealed or amended to solve the major problems with it.

Somebody mind posting the actual post in the forums? I seem to be a bit late getting on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back