SRB2 Hub (1.3)

SRB2 has a hub world now...
I just...
AMAZING TEN STARS FANBOY WOOOOOOOH!
In all seriousness, this is something SRB2 has needed.

After playing this with my friend, we both agreed that the Hub is just simply amazing. I love how the levels are sorted out. And about the hiding spots for the special stages, Old THZ2 and ERZ3. Like my friend said, you just gotta think Sonic.

Unsure if this would be possible, but could there be a level-select for Special Stages in the Emerald Shrine? Like you collect an Emerald and it warps you to the corresponding Special Stage (Green for SS1, for example), and afterwards it takes you back to the HUB?

Sadly, there are acouple of issues which bother me. First of all, I think it will ruin the thing I was going for with the shrine. That being easy emerald collecting. And also I can't seem to get the Special Stages to return you to the hub upon completion. If anyone has any ideas, please share. I would appreciate it.

And no, tweaking the 'nextlevel' thing in the headers does not help. Probably has something to do with how the special stages work.

EDIT:
We already have a Special Stage hub, though.
That.

I still think you should have made it so you warp back to the hub after finishing a zone, but oh well. I really like what you did with the special stage select, it probably took a while to do.

There are old THZ2 and ERZ3 stages? Le gasp. (Also this should seriously be part of vanilla SRB2, it's totally kickass.)

Also I'm quite sure you could just make a "NextLevel = 29" in the Special Stage lumps or something. IDK. The issue with making EVERY stage put you back in the hub is... well... duh. It'd make playing through the game all the way impossible with the wad added.
Though it'd be neat if it was possible to do that. :P

A co-op version would be epic, just suggesting.

I still think you should have made it so you warp back to the hub after finishing a zone, but oh well. I really like what you did with the special stage select, it probably took a while to do.

I tried doing that, but it just seemed wrong when I tested it, I don't know why.

And making the Special Stage Select was more confusing than anything else. Too many control sectors.

I have to be honest, Gaga, I liked the old Special Stage hub a lot more. It had a more mysterious, mystical vibe to it.

I have to be honest, Gaga, I liked the old Special Stage hub a lot more. It had a more mysterious, mystical vibe to it.

I can always just re-add the glowing light effect. I know It won't be the same, but that's something at least.

The problem was that I didn't really like the old version. Too much wasted space, you know?

A co-op version would be epic, just suggesting.
What do you mean, exactly? SRB2 Hub supports Coop.

For a HUD level this is quite enjoyable, and a major improvement over SRB2 oak, thanks to not having that dragged-out intro and a more simple way of organizing where all the levels are. The zone HUDS are fun to explore, especially finding the "Legacy" versions of THZ2 and ERZ3.

Personally I hope for more hidden Legacy maps, even if the differences in some maps (GFZ2 and CEZ2 especially) between 2.0 and 2.1 were minor, some of them had stuff that weren't present in 2.1's versions of the same maps.

One idea I have would be to label the doors leading into to the seven different Zones (such as placing a "1" on Green Flower Zone's door, a 2 on Techno Hill Zone's Door, etc). There could also be signs in front of the Old/Legacy Act entrances that have a small "Old" or "Legacy" sign above them, and signs next to each of the buttons in the Special Stage room, showing which SS number it is.

What do you mean, exactly? SRB2 Hub supports Coop.

Make it so every player has to actually touch a certain exit sector for the exit sector to work, and not just one. It screws everyone over when one player just decides "LOL I'M GOING TO PLAY THIS LEVEL. EITHER RESTART THE LEVEL OR JOIN ME. LOOOOOL."

Make it so every player has to actually touch a certain exit sector for the exit sector to work, and not just one. It screws everyone over when one player just decides "LOL I'M GOING TO PLAY THIS LEVEL. EITHER RESTART THE LEVEL OR JOIN ME. LOOOOOL."

It's actually a mystery to me how that thing determines which level it will go to. What I can say for sure is that it does not depend on which sector was activated first or by which node the player who activated it has.

I liked the old special stage select better, maybe you should keep the current one for the old special stages. The THZ room with the hidden extra life is a big bugged, if you look up to the left side you can see parts of the sky.

It's actually a mystery to me how that thing determines which level it will go to. What I can say for sure is that it does not depend on which sector was activated first or by which node the player who activated it has.

It's determined based on a random number generator.

From what I recall, it's actually done by who landed on the space last. It'd be neat if it was instead done by majority rule in a future version of SRB2 though.

It isnt. I'm quite sure that from experience, the first level that is triggered is the level the game goes to regardless of what sectors are chosen afterwards. Anyway, look at sf-94, the trains there require all present players to be on the actual train before the level ending activates. It'd be cool if you could do that.

It isnt. I'm quite sure that from experience, the first level that is triggered is the level the game goes to regardless of what sectors are chosen afterwards. Anyway, look at sf-94, the trains there require all present players to be on the actual train before the level ending activates. It'd be cool if you could do that.
From what I recall, it's actually done by who landed on the space last. It'd be neat if it was instead done by majority rule in a future version of SRB2 though.

Nope and nope. I periodically host a server with this added, and many times the majority will pick one stage and someone will pick another, then another person will go to the majority and it'll end up picking the minority even though he didn't go first or last. At least, from my experiences.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back