[Open Assets] SRB2Cineblast

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Cinefast is too lazy to post relevant information (as always), I'm gonna do that:

• OpenGL is default. To run in Software, use the command line parameter "-soft". I don't know why a rendering mode that can't render fog blocks is on by default though...
  • The OpenGL menu is missing and the ugly-as-fuck bilinear filtering is default (Yeah, silly Cinefast). To change to nearest filtering, type "gr_filtermode nearest" into the console (or "gr_filtermode nearest_mipmap" if actually like the mipmapping).
  • Bots are invincible. Yes, I'm still laughing.

Hey, great job on bringing the bots back to SRB2.

BTW, Why are the bots invincible? Is that a problem that can be fixed?

Hey, someone here said that your mod has slopes. Right. Show me.

I have 2 ingredients of slopes.

Slope logic, from ZDoom, and slope rendering (can be done with existing code in SRB2 with the hardware rendering system).

The 2 remaining ingredients are collision and physics (or maybe they're the same ingredient?). I don't believe in ramp physics - what we will do with slopes affecting jumping is based on some things in a triangle formation, the cross product of their vectors is calculated, then normalised, then it's used to change momx/y/z. Collision? I haven't a clue on that one.

If it helps, there is another Doom port with render slopes in software mode called Doom Eternity.

So yeah, bots are invincible, but they also now seem to have a hard time understanding diagonal springs. They just kept bouncing up and down. I'd have gotten a closer screenshot, but they seemed quite upset.

Also after this was my second time encountering this error upon quitting, although it's probably unimportant since I haven't seen any harmful effects. Might have something to do with quitting right after games with a bunch of duplicate bots.

chuck_norris_approves.gif

But in all seriousness, this is a AWESOME mod.

Last edited:
Maybe you should use the emerald spawns as your chaos spawners instead?

Also, why does everything in the game appear black? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back