No Linedef Left Behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
I'd like to have a very small, simple example WAD for every line special. This means we're going to have about 150 WADs. Between all of us, that doesn't seem like such a daunting task.

I already have forty done and have placed them here:

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/examples/

Post the example WADs you get done and I'll add them to the pile. A lot of the FOF ones should be easy - just make a room (don't bother with a thok barrier), and put a FOF in it - total of three sectors and a player start.

Together we can bang this out in no time.
The example WADs will then become a part of the SRB2 Specials List, linked from each number.

You can even also do WADs that demonstrate a sector special, like death pits - that'll take a whole TWO sectors and a player start.

Remember. Keep It Simple!

Lines still needed:
Code:
24. Instant Ceiling Raise
71. Custom Exit
87. Floor Over Floor: Custom
112. Linedef Executor: Change Calling Sector's Tag
114. Linedef Executor: Change Front Sector's Tag
116. Linedef Executor: Stop Plane Movement
117. Linedef Executor: Fade Light Level
125. Linedef Executor: Change Object State
200. Disp Scroll Ceiling Texture and Carry Objects
201. Disp Carry Objects on Ceiling
203. Carry Objects on Ceiling
204. Acc Scroll Ceiling Texture and Carry Objects
205. Acc Carry Objects on Ceiling
214. Acc Scroll Ceiling Texture
215. Acc Scroll Floor Texture
216. Acc Carry Objects on Floor
217. Acc Scroll Floor Texture and Carry Objects
218. Acc Scroll Wall According to Linedef
245. Disp Scroll Ceiling Texture
246. Disp Scroll Floor Texture
247. Disp Carry Objects on Floor
248. Disp Scroll Floor Texture and Carry Objects
249. Disp Scroll Wall According to Linedef
252. Carry Objects on Floor

Sectors still needed:
Code:
4. Spikes 
6. Space Countdown 
9. Special Stage Damage 
14. Bouncy Sector (FOF Control Only) 
979. Spinner 
991. Custom Gravity 
996. Non-Ramp Sector 
997. Fan Sector

Contributors:
------------------
Flame_the_hedgehog
Sonict
Magma the Fox
Pepe
BlueZero4
SSNTails
Shuffle
Torgo
Morph
Dark Warrior
Tets
FuriousFox
Dash_the_Hedgehog
Crusader
Kaysakado
123 Runite

Alright guys, we're close to being finished!

I just uploaded some more, but I don't have time to 'audit' them (make sure they work right). Could someone check?

LD-113
LD-122
LD-124
LD-127
LD-224
LD-226
LD-227
LD-228
LD-72
LD-95
LD-96
LD-97
LD-98
LD-99
LD-26
ST-982
ST-992

Sik said:
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Specials Reference Document said:
122 - Linedef Executor: Stop Object

Makes the object that triggered the linedef executor stop moving, after being sent to the center of the sector it's in (only if NOCLIMB flag is set), on the floor. Although it comes to a complete stop, the object can begin moving right away again. If the object is a player, the player will stop jumping, spinning, or anything else.
Is that the behaviour you see?

I can do everything, including jumping, except that Sonic goes slower than he normally does, and he doesn't go into his running or walking frames, he just stays there with his foot up. I've never seen this Linedef used before, so it's hard to tell.

From what I've seen, the sample WADs on the Wiki haven't worked ever since it went down recently, so if any of your sample links direct to the Wiki, you'll have to redo them.

fawfulfan said:
From what I've seen, the sample WADs on the Wiki haven't worked ever since it went down recently, so if any of your sample links direct to the Wiki, you'll have to redo them.

That's weird, because they're working fine for me. Show me some examples of non-working ones?

As a matter of fact, NONE of them work for me. Whenever I click a link, instead of receiving a download, I am directed to a page that says something like "PWAD" at the top, and is followed by a long string of bizarre symbols. This happens on every single computer I've ever tried to download them onto.

That's because your browser is trying to open them instead of saving them. What you need to do is right click and select save as to be able to save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back