Rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theqmayn

Is there a way to set rank for the regular maps like the night special stages? Would love to try an all A Rank thing.

I'm imagining he wants to have a map where it gets a letter grade system like what games Post-Adventure 2 do, where it tallies up your time, score, and ring count and grades your performance. Could Lua do that..?

Well, if there's a way to modify the end-of-level screen, there sure is a way to do that.
...I wonder if there's one, by the way.

You could probably modify the end of level timeout sequence to give a rank based on your own calculations, then let it proceed to the vanilla tallying.

I'm curious as if this is possible with Lua.
It's very much possible. Just set something to print or (more preferably) draw by reading player.exiting, which takes 100 tics (approx 3 sec) to exit the level once you enter an exit sector.

For example, you could put this inside of a HUD function (shown theoretically how it'd be done):
Code:
if player.exiting>0
and player.score>50000
    v.draw(292, 4+offset, v.cachePatch("ARANK1"))
end

The thing is that it would make more sense to draw the HUD when the "TOTAL SCORE" sounds play, if you know what I mean. Because there, it's pretty much drawing a letter when the player enters the sector, which is pretty weird IMO, unless there is a way to draw the RING, TIME, GUARD and PERFECT bonuses values with it.

EDIT: Could be done by manual calculs though^

It's very much possible. Just set something to print or (more preferably) draw by reading player.exiting, which takes 100 tics (approx 3 sec) to exit the level once you enter an exit sector.

For example, you could put this inside of a HUD function (shown theoretically how it'd be done):
Code:
if player.exiting>0
and player.score>50000
    v.draw(292, 4+offset, v.cachePatch("ARANK1"))
end

If you don't mind me asking, how could I create a HUD function?

If you don't mind me asking, how could I create a HUD function?
You would do something like this:
Code:
-- Define the function
local function ranking(v, player)
    if player.exiting>0
    and player.score>50000
        v.draw(160, 100, v.cachePatch("ARANK1"))
    end
end

-- Add the above function into the game as a HUD function
hud.add(ranking, player)
ARANK1 would be the name of your graphic.

Hope that this helps. Remember, this is a just a very basic example.

What if we're playing multiplayer? You would need to check to see if all players need to be finished, or if only one player is necessary to finish. Or, you could just give them a grade letter off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back