• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A pony.wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, not really much to say besides the head might be a bit to far back. But you are doing good so far, keep up the good work!

Soulite, you honestly amaze me! The mere fact that you were able to do so many sprites in so little a time... I really wish I had some skill at spriting, like you do.

They're looking wonderful in so many ways, but something is a bit off with them. And with a closer look, I realize it's most definitely the heads. They need to be a bit farther out from the body, like in MonsterIestyn's sprite. Beautiful, though. BEAUTIFUL.

I'm so pumped about playing as AJ, she looks some close to completion! And her finish sign is amazing, too!
Keep up the good work!

*hysteric excited laughter*

Those sprites are awesome! But Applejack's eyes are a little too tall. Try and shorten them a little.

In that album, I noticed the two Monitor sprites, and saw one thing: The one inside the monitor has fuzz with "Applejack" in red text, while the other is the picture of Applejack's icon.

If you use that monitor sprite, the only thing the monitor will do is display a black and white checkered patten and flash "Applejack".

The two monitor sprites should be the same, with the exception that one is the icon on the actual monitor.

If you use that monitor sprite, the only thing the monitor will do is display a black and white checkered patten and flash "Applejack".

Uh, what black and white checkered pattern? The "static" monitor sprite is also supposed to be supplied with the character WAD, didn't you know?

Yes, but from every character wad I've see, including the Knuckles and Tails .plr files, the two monitor sprites had the same picture (a smaller version of the character's "icon"), with one being on the monitor. What he has is this:

iaza18161299153600.png
iaza18161287777900.png

Last edited:
Not from what I've seen. There were ever only 2: the icon for when the monitor pops, and the icon on the actual monitor. Then there's the Finish sign sprite.

That has got to be the best sign post in SRB2 editing. Most people just edit the sign but you actually stepped it up and left details under the sign.

Hmm, I'm sensing a sudden outbreak of pony wads. Not that I mind, I'll download them all :) . Anyways, what is AJ's proposed ability?

And what do you propose she should do? She can't fly, It'd be weird to have her glide (climbing's a different story), she can't float or slow fall, which leaves the totally-generic-not-been-used-nearly-as-much-as-thok-has double jump. Unlees you want her to have no ability...

Custom abilities have always just been a little lame to me. Sure, you get some good ones here and there, like hinote's flare thok, Rosy's hammer jump, Senku's wall jump, KO's quick shield, and a few others but after that, what's there to make that brings something new to the table? There's just little to make in the ways of custom abilities, then factor in that the Doom engine does have its limits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back