Sonic The Genesis (Demo 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind

Agent Hack's original acc
Well im taking advice on how to post a link so...
this is my 2nd demo of my mod Sonic the genesis (scrmtf_stg-demo2.wad)
It contains Single player/co-op maps Match/tag maps and ctf maps

Well hope this link works. Here ya go Link Removed

Wind said:
Oh and(off topic) but how do you post screens?

Upload them to places like PhotoBucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic, post the links to the pics here, and put
around it.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Yes you poss screenies.

He's not asking IF you post screenshots, I think he wants to know HOW. Take a screenshot in SRB2, upload that image to an image file host, then you should get a list of links. Pick a link that shows a direct image, and put that link inside your post.

fawfulfan said:
SuperSonicStar* said:
Yes you poss screenies.

He's not asking IF you post screenshots, I think he wants to know HOW. Take a screenshot in SRB2, upload that image to an image file host, then you should get a list of links. Pick a link that shows a direct image, and put that link inside your post.

Monster Iestyn said:
Wind said:
Oh and(off topic) but how do you post screens?

Upload them to places like PhotoBucket, Imageshack, or Tinypic, post the links to the pics here, and put
around it.

Sorry, but I've beaten you to saying how to post screens. :P

Indeed you have. I was interrupted while writing my post, and thus, you were able to get yours in faster.

Well, I just tested this pack, and on a whole, I'd have to say that the only thing I really enjoyed was the ctf and match levels. I was disappointed with the actual levels.
HSV 1:
IT DOESN'T HAVE AN END!!!!!

HSV 2:

Eh, might wanna fix that..

Why isn't this water?

VVZ:

Dude, a shield at the beginning of the level? And fire, at that? Please make it somewhat difficult.

I stand here because it's the only safe spot I could find after the bomb shield blew up.

Overall, I'd say this is about a 5/10, only because your great match levels. The single/co-op levels have some redeeming value, so change a few things here and there and I'll change my rating to something higher. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback but HSV1 dose have an ending
the spring pass the wall is hidden within the water. :/

How the [insert random word here] did I miss that? Aw well, I'll have to go through it again.
Also, if I may make a suggestion for the Twin Hills match/CTF, it would be more of a challenge if you'd make that water in the middle a bottomless pit. Also, have ledges on the side of the cliffs. That's just me anyway. Don't have to follow what I say.

Auctualy I will take that advice and edit twin hills or maybe I will replace it with another map I have in mind, I have not really started on Demo 3
(because im lazy as hell) so maybe just maybe I will fix all problems and edit twin hills thank you for your time.

Now that I can play the 1P levels not under c-lag, I have results:

Hotsprings Village Zone Act 1, 4/10
Definitely has the "my first map" touch on it (as well as all your other single-player levels), but this isn't too bad for one of those. It needs some non-linearity (multiple paths), and it's far too short. The odd spring placement that forced me to strafe in mid-air over a sector was quite neat. The Crawla placement wasn't too bad, either. You also did put a secret (which is a little TOO easy to find =P), which is a good thing.

Hotsprings Village Zone Act 2, 2/10
This is a step downward. Large, bland, flat passageways make up most of the extremely short level, and why does the water hurt you?

Volcanic Valley Zone Act 1, 4/10
Flaws pull this level a bit below average. Also, this level is too short and linear like your other ones, but at least it has slight non-linearity at the end. The first jump over the lava hazard was bad. Either it was instant death or no punishment at all if you saw the Inferno Shield. The spin-dash-into-spring platforming that immediately followed wasn't bad; however, you could skip one platform if you spin dashed a certain way. The rock with fire damage attributed to it was a very cheap challenge, as well as the Instant Kill sector. I'd like more of a visual warning for Instant Kill, though I thank you for making it obvious the second time. =P I do like the slightly challenging platforming you put on the left path. :D Also, remove the clump of Jetty-Syn Gunners at the end, they serve no purpose, since you've already finished the level by then.

Volcanic Valley Zone Act 2, 1/10
1P levels are the ones that require most time and effort on, and this level didn't have much of that. =/ This level was very bland and flat. Also, large clumps of enemies and turrets are not a good substitute for sector-based challenges.

==Match==
Frozen Hillside Zone, 0/10
Even as a beginner, you hardly even tried. =/ The level is way too small; the yellow springs also do not make it back up to the ring of ice; it's unplayable.

SA2 City Zone, 1/10
Only two heights to play on. There aren't even regular rings on the top level, and having only one of a certain type of weapon ring is usually bad, because it makes it very easy to unfairly monopolize said weapon ring. Also, too small. There's hardly anything to do except mindlessly throw Red Rings.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
because your great match levels. Keep up the good work
Thank you about the complement some people say they suck horribly.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Now that I can play the 1P levels not under c-lag, I have results:

Hotsprings Village Zone Act 1, 4/10
Definitely has the "my first map" touch on it (as well as all your other single-player levels), but this isn't too bad for one of those. It needs some non-linearity (multiple paths), and it's far too short. The odd spring placement that forced me to strafe in mid-air over a sector was quite neat. The Crawla placement wasn't too bad, either. You also did put a secret (which is a little TOO easy to find =P), which is a good thing.

Hotsprings Village Zone Act 2, 2/10
This is a step downward. Large, bland, flat passageways make up most of the extremely short level, and why does the water hurt you?

Volcanic Valley Zone Act 1, 4/10
Flaws pull this level a bit below average. Also, this level is too short and linear like your other ones, but at least it has slight non-linearity at the end. The first jump over the lava hazard was bad. Either it was instant death or no punishment at all if you saw the Inferno Shield. The spin-dash-into-spring platforming that immediately followed wasn't bad; however, you could skip one platform if you spin dashed a certain way. The rock with fire damage attributed to it was a very cheap challenge, as well as the Instant Kill sector. I'd like more of a visual warning for Instant Kill, though I thank you for making it obvious the second time. =P Also, remove the clump of Jetty-Syn Gunners at the end, they serve no purpose, since you've already finished the level by then.

Volcanic Valley Zone Act 2, 1/10
1P levels are the ones that require most time and effort on, and this level didn't have much of that. =/ This level was very bland and flat. Also, large clumps of enemies and turrets are not a good substitute for sector-based challenges.

==Match==
Frozen Hillside Zone, 0/10
Even as a beginner, you hardly even tried. =/ The level is way too small; the yellow springs also do not make it back up to the ring of ice; it's unplayable.

SA2 City Zone, 1/10
Only two heights to play on. There aren't even regular rings on the top level, and having only one of a certain type of weapon ring is usually bad, because it makes it very easy to unfairly monopolize said weapon ring. Also, too small. There's hardly anything to do except mindlessly throw Red Rings.
Sorry I had to quote all of that but like I said earlier im Lazy as Hell so I will realy need to focus if I am gettin through demo 3 thanks for feed back.

That's probably because of greenflower Match Zone. To be honest, it's a little bit cramped. Make it a bit broader, because in match levels people need the room to run, especially considering the fact that 9 times out of ten they're being pelted with rings. And if you don't have much options for running and hiding, it kinda takes all the difficulty out of it.

EDIT: I don't know if this is backseat moderating, but try to watch what you type. We have some people as young as 9 that visit this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back