Old and New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if ya want them so badly why not make it yourself.

I think all you need to do is make a soc and make a sprite and edit all the setting you want.

It will take time but at least you can have it now instead of not waiting for the new version to come out.

Cool! A new adventure mode! Well ... is not so new as that. But it is compatible. I shall now make the adventure mode with Sonic, Tails and Knux! ^ _ ^

Well if ya want them so badly why not make it yourself.

I think all you need to do is make a soc and make a sprite and edit all the setting you want.

It will take time but at least you can have it now instead of not waiting for the new version to come out.
It's impossible to make a completely new weapon ring just from SOCcing, derp.

Although, you can't make a completely new one. You'd have to replace some sort of powerup, and replacing anything other than the weapon rings would be tough work and have no proper HUD. And the hardcoded properties of weapon rings (max ammo, firing rate, knux auto) can't be gotten around.

Although, you can't make a completely new one. You'd have to replace some sort of powerup, and replacing anything other than the weapon rings would be tough work and have no proper HUD. And the hardcoded properties of weapon rings (max ammo, firing rate, knux auto) can't be gotten around.
This is pretty much what I meant. You can't make a totally new weapon with SOC, you actually have to edit the SRB2 source code.

This is the wrong place to write that jcoke, try PMing that to Mystic or comment on the Mystic Realm thread, though they say its complete, so I don't think he'll let you.

That's up to Mystic's decision Iestyn.
I wonder though, why is this thread named "Old and New" while the one on srb2.org is named "What's Old is New" or something...?

I hope to see some sort of plantable mine, that the other players can't see. I'm not going to ask for a clue what they are. I feel like being suprised for once.

One of the rings should shoot in 8 directions around you.
You could be all like "trying to sneak up on me huh?" POW!!!

Lets just say that many Crawlas and a handful of Goombas have been serving as makeshift projectiles and are not entirely happy about their predicament.
-Crawlas and Goombas
-Projectiles
-Not entirely happy
A-ha! I got it!
I say one of the rings is going to be a walking explosive!

I mean, it makes sense. Crawlas and goombas can only walk, they're makeshift projectiles, which means that they're going to be replaced by rings, and if they're not happy, then that means they're killed/destroyed. And I don't think rings can be killed, which means they're going to explode.

Last edited:
Great. Now if SRB2 2.1 comes out and it doesn't have a Bombchu ring weapon, I am going to be so pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back