Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad at all. In fact I kinda like this.

On a side note however, I am currently more occupied with the remixes of the music of the upcoming release of Sonic CD and I quite personally like them.(Japanese release for the record).

AestheticGamer has already uploaded them for those who want to check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AestheticGamer#p/c/BECC34E2FD86FE05/1/l9HXSjE45zo
EDIT: Some are remixes while others are remastered pieces.

Last edited:
I was going to buy the version for the PC, but my video card and system resources were too out of date to run it. I managed to get a really great deal on an xbox360 for a little over $100 and used a gift card I received for my b-day to buy Sonic Generations for it. The first session I played, I was able to get to the end of Planet Wisp, but I am a bit stuck on the Egg Dragoon boss. I did find a way to get a ton of extra lives so I can have several cracks at it.

HiddenImage_ClassySonic.png

And then Classic Sonic was a classy gentleman.

I just got this game on gametap for 25 USD. I had some fun with this game. I also was surprised I liked the modern sections of the game as much as I did. It slows down a bit on my pc, even on minimum settings. I did some tweaking though, so it runs okay (for those that have a pc just above minimum requirements, it seems reflections set to high is actually faster than low). It also seems a bit jerky on the 2d sections (though my pc might be to blame for that). Overall, I like it, and I am glad I am able to run it on a playable level.

I played again last night. I beat the Egg Dragoon on first try after giving it a rest. Took me two tries to beat the Time Eater.

Since the HD version is out of the question (PC: Takes just barely enough RAM; 360/PS3: Game + Console = too expensive) I may get the 3DS version -assuming it isn't as expensive as the 360/PS3 one.

Just bear in mind it's a completely different (and apparently inferior?) game. Does get you Club Nintendo points, though, so there's that.

I got all Trophies for this game. The only one that ever gave me trouble was "Can't Touch This". Even as I first entered the final boss, I had no idea what I was doing. Trying to get the trophy for the 6th time yesterday, I noticed by accident that I gained speed if Sonic is facing the Time Eater's core. From far away, even. I was just making it too complicated before.

Sonic Unleashed is harder to get all Achivements and Trophies, but I still pulled it off for both consoles. That one was more challenging, even though most of it was because of the werehog levels and his stupid tightrope areas.

I got all Trophies for this game. The only one that ever gave me trouble was "Can't Touch This". Even as I first entered the final boss, I had no idea what I was doing. Trying to get the trophy for the 6th time yesterday, I noticed by accident that I gained speed if Sonic is facing the Time Eater's core. From far away, even. I was just making it too complicated before.

Sonic Unleashed is harder to get all Achivements and Trophies, but I still pulled it off for both consoles. That one was more challenging, even though most of it was because of the werehog levels and his stupid tightrope areas.
Ha ha, yeah. I remember checking out your PSN and I saw that you got a platinum of Sonic Unleashed. I have no idea how you did that as I stopped trying after seeing the hot dog missions. (This was on my 360 at the time)

I was hoping I could get an award for S-ranking all the missions. There isn't a trophy for doing so and I feel like I wasted a lot of time trying. Most people just skimmed through the missions to get them done. This was probably the reason it took me forever to get through them all. Oh, I still haven't gotten the Time Eater trophy. :<

Has the 3DS version of Sonic Generations been released yet? I've heard it was already out, but I just want to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back