SRB2DB: Run Time Error 5 - Doomworld help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Lately, I've been working on how to use SRB2DB to satisfy my needs to become a level designer. I am currently using the SRB2 DB Wiki tutorial to learn how to use SRB2DB.

ISSUE 1

Today, I finally got to step 2 and got to the test map part. The executable was SRB2 2.0 and I pressed enter. I got RUN TIME ERROR "5" or something extremely similar to that. I searched and found a post by Oogaland saying it was a Vista issue and to go to Doomworld for help. I clicked on the link to the thread and found you had to be registered. I swear several years ago you could freely view the forums without being registered. But anyway, I tried to register and then there was a CAPTCHA. It showed an image of an enemy(?) and I had no idea what it was. I have never played Doom(Surprise?) so I really don't know the name of the monster. I'm guessing some of you who use Vista/7 have encountered this issue before and solved it. I was wondering if one of you could tell me the solution or if you have an account find out what it was. (Editing --> Oogaland's sticky thread has the thread)

Issue 2

While making a thok-barrier, I tried to make the linedef as close as possible. If I am one grid line away, it'll highlight the linedef of the sector that is already made. Is there a way to make it ignore the sector? I'm fine with making the thok-barrier two lines away, just a small nitpick I have here.

While making a thok-barrier, I tried to make the linedef as close as possible. If I am one grid line away, it'll highlight the linedef of the sector that is already made. Is there a way to make it ignore the sector? I'm fine with making the thok-barrier two lines away, just a small nitpick I have here.
Scroll further in.

Thanks SpirtCrusher, that solves my second problem.

I also solved my first problem (thxgais) by finding a thread on the Skulltag forums. If anyone here is having the issue (I've seen multiple threads that are dead and no one helped them) look at this thread for the answer.

http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11859

I only had to download the DLL file, the second part of the solution was unnecessary.

Edit: I lied, the first solution worked for something else. You have to do the second solution. Still annoying never-the-less. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back