SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2012   #1
"Lat'"
Stop it
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default SRB2 Generations, a little BETA preview.

Hi guys.

Well I'm actually work on a hard project: SRB2 Generations.
For the moment, it contain a unfinished Green Hill 1, and the White zone
Here's a link:

EDIT: Sorry D00D64 for copypaste your HUDS (and some other things) :( , I delete it from srb2G and link removed

Moderator Notice:
Snip - see this post. Fix before re releasing.




and in the full version, it will contain:

-Green Hill
-Robotropolis (need sugestions)
-Mushroom Hill

-First boss: Maybe Big Arms from SG 3ds (Sonic 3)
-First rival: Metal Sonic, in a race level (need sugestions)

-Emerald Coast (Why not?)
-Metal Harbor (need sugestions)
-Mystic Mansion (?)

-Second Boss: Egg Golem (SA2(B))
-Second Rival: (search for it)

-Crisis City or another level, need sugestions
-Apotos
-Aquarium Park

-Third Boss: (need sugestions)
-Third Rival (need sugestions)

Final Boss: Time Eater (No sugestions needed)


Use this mod with SRB2CB FULL color textures edition


*This mod is 100% modable, you can add your own huds ETC.*

("Lat'" received an infraction for this post: Do not use other peoples' work as your own without permission.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by Rob; 12-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.
"Lat'" is offline  
Old 12-02-2012   #2
Larztard
 
Larztard's Avatar
Default

OFF TOPIC: First, all 3D Sonic games that are ported to SRB2 are all terrible (with an expection for a few wads) because thoses Sonic games have more advanced gameplay options and gimmicks that SRB2 is incapable of supporting without socing but it's still impossible to do perfectly. Secoundly, everyone wants to do it and it's just so unoriginal.

ON TOPIC: SRB2 Generations has a bad reputation already. I don't know if you did this or not but SRB2 Generations stole levels made from other users or just completly took a level already in SRB2 and just copied and pasted it. This however is different.

This project shouldn't even be in the Editing section yet because this level has literally one REAL level which is extremly short. Making maps requires lots of time not just an hour of work and calling it a day. Also for some reason, Green Hill and the Hub World have a weird gravity effect and it's really noticable in the Hub World. I don't know if that's just me or not but it's really not needed if I'm playing on a level that takes place on Earth and not in space! Green Hill looks like it needs to be a 2D level instead of a 3D level and same with the Hub World. And a little nitpick for the Hub World but, why the hell did you pick snow? I think there is already just a plain white texture in SRB2 but if there isn't it'll be easy to put it in. Especially if you're using SRB2CBPNG. I'm sorry but I see little to no hope for this and it'll probably be scrapped in a couple of months anyways.
__________________
YouTube

Last edited by Larztard; 12-06-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Larztard is offline  
Old 12-03-2012   #3
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator
 
Prime 2.0's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larztard View Post
This project shouldn't even be in the Editing section yet because this level has literally one REAL level which is extremly short
For the record, editing is exactly the place for WIP content like that. My concern is more that several lumps in the wad were copied over from dumbventure. All of that was taken from other sources to begin with so it's not like you're properly stealing from him or anything, but it's particularly odd to see the bootup image, "continue?" screen image, and stage music used in dumbventure occupying the wad for no apparent reason.
__________________
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 12-03-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Prime 2.0 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012   #4
"Lat'"
Stop it
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

You say why the gravity is so laggy?

Because i use SRB2DB 2.0 CB (My regular DB doesn't work)
So well, 2D sector is so laggy and made lag the regular srb2.
At well, for GHZ1 i said this is incomplete.
For the next realse, GHZ1 will to be complete , the white zone will more fun and GHZ2 wil are optional

P.S: The level is from Mylself, i don't copy and paste map like the other SRB2G.
And the 2D work perfectly with SRB2CB, if the 2D won't work, it's because you use regular SRB2.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 12-03-2012 at 06:46 AM.
"Lat'" is offline  
Old 12-03-2012   #5
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
Judge
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

An inspection of the wad's content later, and I found out exactly what was taken, without permission, from Dumbventure:

*CONSBACK, which is used when loading for windowed mode, as well as the back of the console with a certain command used

*CONT1 and CONT2, used for the continue screen, who is Sonic in vanilla SRB2

*TEMER1 to 7, which while just invisible images, are evidence of more stolen content, as they only serve one purpouse: making the Multiplayer emeralds invisible on the HUD. Since this mod lacks the Super Monitor, there would be no need for this.

*Music tracks O_MINVNC, O_SHOES, and O_MAP60M. The Invincibility tune and speed shoes are from Sonic CD, but the timer for both powerups were modified specifically so they would work with the entire song. Map60 is also Unleashed's Jungle Joyright - Night, and being right next to the two, as well as not being used, it is no coincidence that they would all be together.

*GX_Start files with no GX_End containing all of Dumbventure and Project DAMN's HUD graphics. While modified from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, they are just that; modified by me, and still require my permission. You also didn't even get them all, as there are many missing HUD objects for things such as the post-stage score tally, but also featuring XSRB2's golf mode HUD graphics, which if used in SRB2CB as intended, are completely useless.

Since you didn't even ASK to use any of these things in the first place, I forbid permission for the use of any of these, used or not. I want them deleted from the wad immedietly.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure the title screen was stolen from another SRB2 Generations project as well, but I'm too lazy to gather proof.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
D00D64 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012   #6
Scizor300
footure semen
 
Scizor300's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Also, I'm pretty damn sure the title screen was stolen from another SRB2 Generations project as well, but I'm too lazy to gather proof.
This mod, specifically.
__________________
Quote:
* You were kicked from #SRB2Fun by Rob (You know what? Go fuck yourself.)

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012   #7
EternallyAries
That Aries Title
 
EternallyAries's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post
This mod, specifically.
I remember making some comments about that video awhile ago. Everything in that wad was completely stolen with out permission.

It makes me laugh because he has not put any effort into this wad what so ever.

And his response to all of the comment was this.

Quote:
OK, Im done with this crap of comments that hates this video, if you dont like this, dont watch it or insult me and saying that i steal THIS MOD WAS ONLY MADE BECASE OF MY BOREDOM, AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, WHY DONT YOU MAKE THIS MOD BY YOURSELF AND STOP FUCKIN' BOTHER ME! SO DONT COMMENT AGAIN OF THIS OLD MOD, GOD DAMNED FUCKING BOTHERING COMMENTS! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I find that quite sad. getting mad over comments that are all true. :P
__________________
There is nothing much to read here.
EternallyAries is offline  
Old 12-06-2012   #8
Larztard
 
Larztard's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post
This mod, specifically.
Quote:
I don't know if you did this or not but SRB2 Generations stole levels made from other users or just completly took a level already in SRB2 and just copied and pasted it.
Like I said, this project already has a bad reputation even if you made this version or not.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC. lat' View Post
You say why the gravity is so laggy?
I never mention once about any lag occuring during my gameplay. Also, it can not be the 2D sector that is lagging the game because you incorrectly made the 2D sector. I think it could be because you're underwater and in SRB2 Community Build, color maps got a really "sexy" update to it and requires a better graphics card to render the color maps underwater. Also, Community Build is OpenGL to begin with...
__________________
YouTube

Last edited by Larztard; 12-06-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Larztard is offline  
Old 12-06-2012   #9
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

Guess I should have locked this, shouldn't I.

Given that the author is on suspension and there is stolen material in this wad, I'ma just close this up.
Rob is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.