• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X-treme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostgame

Yeah. It's that time again. Time for me to make a new hoax. This time it'll be Sonic X-treme. I'm going to edit SRB2 to the point that it is a sonic x-treme game. If anyone knows editing better than me and would like to help, it'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:I'd also appreciate hints on what you guys will expect from it.

I actually included a Sonic X-Treme texture or two that I spiffed up out of an old screenshot into 1.08....

I noticed...

I noticed...

XTRMCHKW

xtrmchkw.gif

It's a floor and a side image.

That's what game me the idea.

SRB2024.jpg

SRB2028.jpg

SRB2030.jpg

Gimmie a sec, I'll make a video.

Edit:

http://blazefire.mooglecavern.com/temp/xtreme_srb2.avi - 6.80mb

Forgive the choppy framerate. I had hoped using software mode would've let the capture software do a smoother capture, but in some ways it's even choppier than the original SASRB2 promo video I shown around. The reason he's in the char select is 'cause I like him there. I'm too lazy to figure out what the player icon for Sonic is (I thought it was SONCHAR, guess not), and since only I'm going to be using this soc file with Xtreme Sonic in it, I didn't bother to change his description.

This video kills two birds with one stone:

- Sonic Xtreme sprite's real, I had Kiddo make it for me. (He knows how to make SRB2 skins)

- As you can see, since the demo, I've balanced out enemy placement in SASRB2. (The reason there were so many enemies is because I put them all there prior to soc editing -- I wanted to make the game harder for Adventure mode, and the only way to do that was to add a million enemies. With the soc editing, I can remove alot of them or stick'em into hard/vhard modes)

Enjoy =P

Um... HELLO!!!!

Um... HELLO!!!! Can you put up the freakin' skin so I can USE it?!?!?!?

Er...

I'd really like it...

EDIT: Also, did you make camera changes there, and why did you use SASRB2?

SRB2024.jpg

That's not the X-Treme spinball. It's some crummy thing I made in a program called "Asymetrix 3D F/X"

That's not the X-Treme spinball. It's some crummy thing I made in a program called "Asymetrix 3D F/X"

Yeah, but it's what you used in like, SRB2 Xmas and stuff. That's what I wanted this sprite to look like -- the original Sonic Xtreme sprite from SRB2 Halloween and SRB2 Xmas. I hate the way the real Xtreme Sprite's jump looks, I had Kiddo remove it and use yours.

I'll post the skin up in a sec.

Edit:

http://blazefire.mooglecavern.com/temp/xtreme.zip

Make sure you read the readme to learn how you can use it in singleplayer.

Can you actually supply the SOC file?

I got a "Segment Violation" Error.

Or can you give more detailed instructions?

Also, how do you actually make this a part of the game, like, you don't have to add it, that's just the way sonic always is.

....or is it for Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 1.1?

Code:
#Patch File for SRB2 Final Demo v1.1
#SASRB2 Junk

#Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

SRB2 version = 11

Character 0
MenuPosition = 10

Character 1
MenuPosition = 20

Character 2
MenuPosition = 30

Character 4
PlayerName = Xtreme
MenuPosition = 40
PicName = SONCCHAR
Status = 32
PlayerText =              Fast
                 Speed Thok
             A Blast from
the past, Sonic from
the ill-fated Sonic 
X-Treme joins the 
SRB2 Roster!

#

Use that, it'll align better.

However, silly me, I forgot I could embed the soc inside the wadfile itself! If you like, simply re-download the wad at the URL above. I've replaced it with the wad with the embedded SOC.

2 Things.

1: JTE, unless you have something important to say, don't say it, or go to the section about useless stuff.

2:Thank you for fixing the X-treme wad, BlazeHedgehog, it'll be an enourmous help.

EDIT: 2 More things.

1.How do you make it so that:

A:You can play as X-treme WITHOUT adding him,
B:Remove the original Sonic, Knuckles and Tails?

2.Once you reach a certain speed going up (E.G. Spring out of water) you get a Signal Handler Segment Violation.

Ok

If you want just Sonic Xtreme on the list:

- Take the SOC file I made (It's in the WAD as a data lump called "MAINCFG")

- Change it to:

Code:
Character 0  
Status = 122

Character 1  
Status = 122

Character 2  
Status = 122

Character 4 
PlayerName = Xtreme 
MenuPosition = 10 
PicName = SONCCHAR 
Status = 32 
PlayerText =              Fast 
                 Speed Thok 
             A Blast from 
the past, Sonic from 
the ill-fated Sonic 
X-Treme joins the 
SRB2 Roster!

You can't play as Xtreme without adding him, though. That's like trying to drive a car you don't have -- if it doesn't exist, you can't use it.

As for SigSegv, I tested this wad enough to the point where it didn't look like there were any problems with it crashing... it might be because I added the SOC file to be embedded, I'll see if I can get Kiddo to fix it if the error happens to me ;)

Edit: Aha, I found the problem. Yeah, it's because I inserted the SOC file. Stupid doom editors. I'll have to get Kiddo to Hex Edit it or just include the soc seperately.

Here's the WAD with the SOC seperate:

http://blazefire.mooglecavern.com/temp/xtreme_2.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back