SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 12-22-2012   #21
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin The Wolf View Post
..... Cannot see. :V
OFFTOPIC: Well when I turned his pics into direct links to show the actual picture, I then could see them on my side. If you can't see them. . .I have no idea; probably the code itself, your browser, etc.
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #22
wizeman
u have my permission to die

Default I'm back

Hello, I've got almost all of them done now, only 2 left. (if any one would like to help PM me.)
download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zx7os
Screenshots:

Tell me what you think! :D
Old 12-30-2012   #23
Rob
Administrator

Your CEZ stage is absolutely ridiculous in terms of difficulty and you need to tune it way, way down. There is absolutely no margin for error and that makes it absolutely unfun and aggravating.

You should not have rings until after the first two or three sets of bumpers. It is not possible for the player to see them.

Don't spread the rings apart literally in the middle and then at the very end in the following segment. It's insane to expect any player to be able to do that accurately. If you really, really want to do that, save it for SS7 and absolutely make sure that the player can still beat the stage without requiring literally perfect precision.

Make your ring requirement proportionate to the stage number and rings in it. 100 is absolutely ridiculous in SS4 here.

I can't really comment on SS5 because I can't tell if I'm not winning because I'm doing poorly or because the broken HOM sky is distorting my view horribly.

A major, consistent problem you are having here is that you are requiring players to get 2 columns of rings on a spring, and that is very, very hit or miss and you need to stop assuming that players are always going to do that. It's not going to happen and it's actually really hard for the player to set up to make that happen. Assume the players are going to get 1.5 columns average and plan your ring requirement accordingly.

Last edited by Rob; 12-30-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
wizeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Your CEZ stage is absolutely ridiculous in terms of difficulty and you need to tune it way, way down. There is absolutely no margin for error and that makes it absolutely unfun and aggravating.

You should not have rings until after the first two or three sets of bumpers. It is not possible for the player to see them.

Don't spread the rings apart literally in the middle and then at the very end in the following segment. It's insane to expect any player to be able to do that accurately. If you really, really want to do that, save it for SS7 and absolutely make sure that the player can still beat the stage without requiring literally perfect precision.

Make your ring requirement proportionate to the stage number and rings in it. 100 is absolutely ridiculous in SS4 here.

I can't really comment on SS5 because I can't tell if I'm not winning because I'm doing poorly or because the broken HOM sky is distorting my view horribly.

A major, consistent problem you are having here is that you are requiring players to get 2 columns of rings on a spring, and that is very, very hit or miss and you need to stop assuming that players are always going to do that. It's not going to happen and it's actually really hard for the player to set up to make that happen. Assume the players are going to get 1.5 columns average and plan your ring requirement accordingly.
Okay I'll make the ring count lower, as for the sky num I didn't even notice that because I was using openGL. :/

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Here's a fixed version (and yes, I used software this time).

Last edited by wizeman; 12-30-2012 at 05:36 AM.
wizeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #25
Eliwood
Locked User

If you're going to do these types of special stages, I really think you should mix things up with how they play. Like some use the springs, and the other ones could use maybe the underwater air-propeller after it pushes you forward so you can grab rings on the left and right.
Old 12-30-2012   #26
wizeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliwood View Post
If you're going to do these types of special stages, I really think you should mix things up with how they play. Like some use the springs, and the other ones could use maybe the underwater air-propeller after it pushes you forward so you can grab rings on the left and right.
I would, but 2 problems. I don't know how it would play and, I would have to re-do them all.
Old 12-31-2012   #27
Eliwood
Locked User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizeman View Post
I would have to re-do them all.
Well that's the thing about improving. You have to redo it. You'll need to go back over and over again to get better at it.

If you don't want to do something like that it's fine, but I just think that would make for an interesting change of pace.
Old 01-01-2013   #28
wizeman

Default Happy new years!!!

Happy new years! I've finished the 6th special stage just in time!
Screenshot:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to change the music. Here's a fixed version.

Last edited by wizeman; 01-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.
wizeman is offline   Reply With Quote