• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jelly's Lair (WIP match/tag.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
Jelly's Lair is a match/tag level based off of my room. Sorta. I'm still working on it though.
This shot captures most of the room.
srb20008.png

my lovely room includes 20 inches of reinforced steel, some strange liquid I dropped 5 weeks ago, a small hole I'm digging with a spoon, a bed, a poorly made lava lamp, and some other stuff.

This is a beta, feedback welcomed. I want to improve this map, so any criticism/ideas/etc is appreciated.

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/255mt_jellylair.wad

It's pretty good, but it could use some improvement. The ring placement was pretty nice, except for here where you overloaded on them:
srb20017-2.png

And there should be a lot more paths up to the top of the TV, I only saw one. It would add a bit more variation to the level. It's also somewhat small, perhaps putting in a bathroom or something would help? I dunno, but for right now I can run around the whole thing and get to the areas of interest a bit too fast.

Bear in mind that it's a recreation of his room. In my opinion, he should only add a bathroom coming off his room if he actually has one in real life.

I agree the ring placement needs a little work, though. And maybe replace the Pumas in the Lava Lamp with a few moving platforms of different speeds? That would create an awesome Lava Lamp.

Thanks. The area with the ring abuse? I'll size that down for sure. I just felt like it was a little empty though. As for the size, I was going to add my living room but I decided not to. A bathroom would be a good idea though. An overflowing bathtub and some other stuff.
Also, I think a pathway to the TV from the stool wouldn't hurt. There isn't much to see there except for the Armageddon shield and the auto ring on the top of the TV, so that's why only one path was put in. But another won't hurt.

Double post, but I have been working on the bathroom. (I'll add a door later to it though.) I'm going to add some other stuff it later.
srb20009.png

The bathroom. Includes wet bathroom tile- responsible for 80% of household fatalities!

srb20010.png

Inside the bathtub. The drain is the only area in it with air bubbles.

srb20011.png

At the bathroom sink. Just a tiny pool. Although it does have a spring which takes you to the toilet...

srb20012.png

Alright, who forgot to flush? Better not slip into that water while trying to get that bomb ring. It doesn't hurt you, but the drain will take you down and kill you.

I've finished this level, but I think instead of releasing it I'm going to put it in my multiplayer mod so I can finally finish the Match Rotation. The level is pretty much the same as the last few screens except a few springs and rings have been placed here and there. But, I got my custom Thing to work. =P
srb20001-15.png

Jellybones doesn't do anything, he just stands there staring you down until you get creeped out and walk away.

Not much of a Match/tag fan but this looks more interesting than "Zim's room". Lot's of space to manuver and weird gimics. I would love to play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back