Ugly unfixable slime trail?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
So, all is in the title and in the screenshot:

How am I supposed to get rid of that... thing? I tried to move many vertices and spam make sector, but that doesn't change anything :/

I've gotten many of these recently too....
It would be useful to know which nodebuilder you're using and on which settings (quick build or advanced).
Sometimes, the slimetrails just disappear when letting the level build nodes again.
Alternatively, try redrawing/joining/merging some sectors in the area.
If all that doesn't work, you'll probably need to limit the player's view by having a large column or something similar at the place the slime trail occurs. That worked for me sometimes.

Hope that helps (and is correct, I don't want to give bullshit advice).

I use ZenNode fastbuild, to save faster, should I change it to normal or something...?

No, use the fast builders for your sanity while working, because otherwise it'll start taking absolutely forever to test your stage, and personally I think regular testing of your work in progress is a key to making good stages. A full nodesbuild of CEZ2, ERZ2, or AGZ takes about 5 minutes on my box, for example. However, you should definitely do a full nodesbuild when you encounter a renderer error like this, as a proper nodesbuild may fix it. You should also do a full nodesbuild before releasing, as a proper reject can improve framerate.

How big is your thok barrier...? A similar thing has happened to me once and it was fixed by simply getting rid of unused thok barrier space.

No, use the fast builders for your sanity while working, because otherwise it'll start taking absolutely forever to test your stage, and personally I think regular testing of your work in progress is a key to making good stages. A full nodesbuild of CEZ2, ERZ2, or AGZ takes about 5 minutes on my box, for example. However, you should definitely do a full nodesbuild when you encounter a renderer error like this, as a proper nodesbuild may fix it. You should also do a full nodesbuild before releasing, as a proper reject can improve framerate.

I always get pretty nasty slimetrails on AGZ, speaking of. Was that constructed with a full nodesbuild or no?

It was a classic example of me assuming the renderer errors were caused by the quick nodesbuild when they in fact weren't, but I figured none of those were blocking a view that would kill you so I let it release that way anyways.

So, I took for you a screenshot of the map,
The circle represent where the error happens, and the cross represent where you do have to stand to see it.

If the thok barrer is too big, spliting it into multiple sector could fix the problem?

The way I deal with slime trails is moving the WHOLE MAP a little bit in randnom direction, and then move ALL things in their proper spots (make sure that you disable stitch vertices when moving the map, just in case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back