Official Level Design Contest Voting: May-June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtreme Starfox said:
I made Furious Gorge's level water hurt so that Characters with fly ablity won't be able to get back up if they fall into the water, and so people can't skip on the water.
Why? It opens up new possibilities and makes the level more interesting.

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

Do you really want veeryone skipping the level by skipping across the water?

Re: My Voting

Yes, but this is what happens if you are using a character who is slow.

Segmint said:
Also, the springs (red, diagonal) will not work properly for Tails. He speeds up, and enters his running frames, making him hit the ceiling and walk momentarily, and die.

Kaysakado said:
Do you really want veeryone skipping the level by skipping across the water?

I don't think they can. The surface is too high above the water that even if they could, the chances of hitting against the wall would be very high.... In which case, it would be interesting to see them succeed.

Xtreme Starfox said:
I made Furious Gorge's level water hurt so that Characters with fly ablity won't be able to get back up if they fall into the water...
Who cares about what advantages Tails' has? He couldn't win a circuit against Sonic to save his life. That just renders Tails' abilities more useless than they already are. :(

semi-offtopic. When is the deadline for the next contest?

Anyway... I only got to try out 1 map, glaber's 1 player.

From what I saw, It was HORRIDLY HORRIFYING.

I'll edit this tommorow from what im going to play in a few hour's.

Edit: nevermind, I can't judge fairly.

Next contest, im gonna make a red wall zone(completely redwall)

Which one? I had 2 in this contest. Battle Woods act 3 and Daimondus, and this must be a joke because Battle Woods act 3 is getting better scores than Daimondus. And I spent more time on Daimondus than on Battle Woods 3. If this keeps up act 4 might surface.

Um, well still, even if Battle Woods III is getting higher scores than Diamondus, they aren't very high scores, now are they?

glaber said:
Which one? I had 2 in this contest. Battle Woods act 3 and Daimondus, and this must be a joke because Battle Woods act 3 is getting better scores than Daimondus. And I spent more time on Daimondus than on Battle Woods 3. If this keeps up act 4 might surface.

No it's not. >_>

Don't make an Act 4, please. :/

Oh god, no. Please don't. Try working on a multiplayer map or something, but for great justice, please don't make Battle Woods IV.

If you can, try making more CTF maps, because you hardly have made any. You obviously didn't notice that we don't do full_race a lot, if at all, and you obviously like to add the World of Pain in match.

Segmint said:
Um, well still, even if Battle Woods III is getting higher scores than Diamondus, they aren't very high scores, now are they?
One of the scores was a 7.

That was one vote, not all of them. Just because one vote is a 7, doesn't mean that you can make more of the series.

5=C not 7

I just looked over the topic and the 3 higest scores BW3 got were 5, 6, & 7.

more rateings

Match

Medivo - Glaber N/A
Medivo Match mode was inspired by the Jazz Jackrabbit level of the same name. I used lava falls and pools because of the laval falls in the JJ Level. Now if there were too few rings, you didn't try cheap mode (easy). If you thought there were too many you didn't try hard mode.

Hotel Hallway - Dash the Hedgehog 1/10
What, were you thinking? ([,] used only for speach version) this level was bad and any crit. that I'd give woud be a repeate of what was already said.

Fort Island - Xtreme Starfox 6/10
I actually thought this stage was decent but a little on the bland side.

Winter Twilight - I'll Begin 10/10
Very nice level I say this shoud be added to the offical rotation.

Carved Canyon - Some Guy 8/10
I liked it and can't really think of any thing bad except maby the hevy current

Snow Shrine - Oogaland 8/10
It was good, I could find very little wrong with it.

Capture the Flag

Castle Splash - Xtreme Starfox 8/10
It was interesting to say the least. What I didn't like was the deep puddles at both bases.

Capture the Flag - Some Guy 8/10
It was a really nice stage. IMO it should replace Metal Star Zone (I never liked that space zone all that much.)

Mercury Sea - Blue Warrior 5/10
Hmmm. I have no idea wat to say about this one.

RPChat Clan Hangout - Penopat 5/10
What's up with the name? is this to trick Logan or something? any way I couldn't play this online yet.

Circut

Furious Gorge - Xtreme Starfox 0/10 F--
Approately named as thats what this map left me. You don't map impossible maps for Tails players! <soupnatzi>No good rate for you</soupnatzi>

Perpetual Wasteland - Some Guy 3/10
Back and forth and back. Sounds good at first, but then again so did Battle Woods act 1 and I think we know how that turned out.

I'll Begin to vote on the multiplayer levels.

Match:
MAPA1 - Medivo by Glaber -- 7/10
Death metal! And I don't care what other people say. I rather liked the WOP placement. Too bad it didn't work for me often. I'd only get the Rail and miss the rest.

MAPA2 - Hotel Hallway Zone by Dash the Hedgehog -- 2/10
Very hard to see with the poor texture use. And it was hard to find my enemies in the large hotel.

MAPA3 - Fort Island Zone by Xtreme Starfox -- 3/10
Looked nice around the middle, but was too big and wide.

MAPA4 - Winter Twilight Zone by I'll Begin -- purple/10
Who the heck made this crappy map? Oh, wait. I did. I'm rather proud of this, considering it's my first released map. I learnt heaps from making this map.

MAPA5 - Carved Canyon by Some guy -- 6/10
Wasn't too bad, but there was just something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Sorry for the unconstructiveness.

MAPA6 - Snow Shrine Zone by Oogaland -- 9/10
B-E-A-UTIFUL! Honestly. But there was the area in the middle that was hard to get out of with Sonic.

Circuit:
MAPAB - Furious Gorge Zone by Xtreme Starfox -- 1/10
The concept was flawed, and the map itself was too flat.

MAPAC - Perpetual Wasteland by Some guy -- 2/10
Like most people, this map really confused me.

Yeah. I didn't play the CTF ones.

glaber said:
5=C not 7

I just looked over the topic and the 3 higest scores BW3 got were 5, 6, & 7.

Two sevens, one six, three fives for both your maps. Twenty other votes were 0 through 4. ;P

Mercury Sea - Blue Warrior 5/10
Hmmm. I have no idea wat to say about this one.
Well... anything about the map you didn't like?

RPChat Clan Hangout - Penopat 5/10
What's up with the name? is this to trick Logan or something? any way I couldn't play this online yet.
You can pend the vote until you play it, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back