SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Lepori the Rabbit v1.3 Details »»
Lepori the Rabbit v1.3
Developer Last Online: Jul 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 10-18-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
Characters

I finally made myself a character, yes! This rabbit fellow was inspired by Cream the Rabbit, as I wanted a male variant to her. Then that idea just tumbled into a whole new character design; Lepori!

This rabbit is not as fast as others, making him not a very good racer. However, he'd probably be loads of fun in co-op sessions! His jump is slightly higher than other characters, and he flies pretty darn fast. The downside to his flying speed is that he can be pretty hard to control sometimes, so watch out!

Pressing the Custom Action 1 button while flying will cause him to start spinning, and if you manage to pop a sucker under you...Prepare to go flying! However, you cannot start flying again once you curl in mid flight, so make sure you have something under you.

Since his normal file only has his blue parts change color, and I know some folks would rather the fur to change color, I made an alternate Lepori file to fulfill this wish.

Lepori's ability to not walk in air after falling over a ledge and his recurl ability were made by the user BlueBlurForever! They make some pretty snazzy stuff, and I thank them for their Lua stuff! Keep going strong, man!

EDIT: Coding has been fixed to not affect characters that are not Lepori.
Notice about 'Lepori2' change: Added hands that were missing in tired flying frames.
EDIT2: It's been so long since I updated him, I can't remember what changed. But 'Lepori3' Is the final version to this old 2014 made rabbit.

Download Now

File Type: rar Lepori3.rar (304.2 KB, 79 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	3340
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	5764   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	2016
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	5765   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	1722
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5766   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.png
Views:	1468
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	5767   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.png
Views:	1332
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	5768  

Name:	srb20005.png
Views:	1072
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	5769   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20008.png
Views:	1111
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	5770   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20011.png
Views:	1141
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	5771   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20012.png
Views:	1122
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5772   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20014.png
Views:	892
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	5773  

Name:	srb20015.png
Views:	977
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5774   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20017.png
Views:	820
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	5775   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20018.png
Views:	727
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	5776   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20020.png
Views:	817
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	5777  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 11-10-2014   #2
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

Would you look at that, guys? Beautiful.
Old 11-10-2014   #3
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

I personally like this character, design wise. While his design is still reminiscent of Cream, he does a few things differently that help keep him much more unique, such as a very slack walking animation. He's designed to be a very calm and somewhat lazy character and I really enjoyed how that was implemented in his animations. Gameplay wise, he falls a little on the wayside. His larger jump is kinda useless considering he can fly (a more common ability in the first place), and his not walking over the edge and recurl Lua scripts end up affecting every character due to not being sanctioned to Lepori only, making some characters not work properly when he is added (see my own character Jasper). He's still fun to play, but about as fun to play as Tails. I would really like to see Lepori more fleshed out and have some sort of ability that could use his higher jump to his advantage, whether it would be a midair spin kick that makes him glide downwards or a different kind of flying ability. Overall, Lepori is fine as he is minus the small issues above, but there is a lot of undiscovered potential with him that keeps me excited to see what else you might do with him.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014   #4
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

Well, I've been waiting for this one. Let me tell you one thing: Everyone starts somewhere. You've done pretty decent for your first (I think?) character wad.

The animations are smooth. Nothing too extraneous and flowed pretty well. Gotta give you props on that. However you did pillow shade (shading from dark to light from the outline and inward. See here for more details) You also did not Anti-Alias though a lot of people in this community don't do it for some reason so I guess you can be excused there (not really.) His design is, IMO, meh. Nothing strikes out at me to be honest.

The biggest gripe I have against this character wad is the ability. Come on man! This is 2.1! Don't give your character fly! >_<

Overall, decent character. Though the play style and shading made me feel like I was playing a character that was a port from 1094 or 2.0.

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm glad that this was released. A friend of mine and I were talking about the community and character wads in general and it's nice to see that there are more people coming in and popping out new characters. The thing about these types of wads is that they're very hard/tedious to do so naturally it's harder for us to get these. Ya' know? I'm looking foward to your future releases if you decide to create more! :)

Last edited by Inazuma; 11-10-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Inazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014   #5
YevaEA
Christmas is coming

Lepori has such an aloof design and I love it. Personally I have no problem with the pillow shading, but I think some proper anti-aliasing would do wonders.
YevaEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014   #6
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense

Darn it. And I was about to make a brown echidna too :V.
Well, I guess no one will really care if that little detail was shared... But... They look so similar in expression... like you read my mind.
Though, aside from my own ramblings: That is pretty nice. Kind of old looking (That's how most char wads used to look), but it's difficult to make good pixel art so whatever.
Also... do you scratch?
Old 11-13-2014   #7
Mirustal
Occasionally screaming.

I do plan to update Lepori the Rabbit to fix the problems informed by you all, and I might tweak his graphics some in hopes to polish them. Referring to Jasper on the higher jump and abilities in general to Speedwagon, I might try and make Lepori a custom ability for him to give off 'static' to injure enemies near him only once while in the air, if that may be while falling off a ledge, jumping, and/or while flying. I hope to update all at once, so this won't happen real soon. The gist of it is that I will give Lepori a polish, if not update him real soon to fix the problem with his coding affecting everyone.
Mirustal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Sinny33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirustal View Post
I do plan to update Lepori the Rabbit to fix the problems informed by you all, and I might tweak his graphics some in hopes to polish them. Referring to Jasper on the higher jump and abilities in general to Speedwagon, I might try and make Lepori a custom ability for him to give off 'static' to injure enemies near him only once while in the air, if that may be while falling off a ledge, jumping, and/or while flying. I hope to update all at once, so this won't happen real soon. The gist of it is that I will give Lepori a polish, if not update him real soon to fix the problem with his coding affecting everyone.
You haven't done that 4 years ago...
Sinny33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny33 View Post
You haven't done that 4 years ago...
Nice bump and yes he has i think he just forgot to show updates here
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote